Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Joni Lemke

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Colonial Gardens Update and New Restaurant Announced

by Joni Lemke » Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi friends,

Here's some news on Colonial Gardens. Can't wait!
https://insiderlouisville.com/economy/c ... g-in-june/

Have a great day!
Joni
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Colonial Gardens Update and New Restaurant Announced

by Mark R. » Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 pm

It looks like it's going to be a nice place, too bad that matter government had to kick in $2.4 million to make it happen. That's about 50% of the total project cost.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

by meghan.levins » Sat May 11, 2019 3:18 am

Somewhere to eat and drink on the way back from hiking at Jefferson Memorial Forest?! I might take Taylor after all.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed May 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Mark R. wrote:It looks like it's going to be a nice place, too bad that matter government had to kick in $2.4 million to make it happen. That's about 50% of the total project cost.

I drove by there a few days ago and walked around a bit. Its sort of a compound with the old Colonial Gardens building serving as a centerpiece accompanied by 4 other banal looking buildings that will house some restaurants or whatever else.

I agree that $2.4 million is quite a sum, especially given the city's budget shortfall in light of the pension crisis. However, I think that it is worth it given the level of development it will engender in the compound itself, and hopefully in the surrounding area. In addition, Taco Luchadora was a good catch with drawing power.

All said, that stretch is quite nice thanks to the park, the adjoining parkway, and some of the businesses that are already present nearby. I feel that it is a fair use of public funds.
James J. Natsis