Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

bar Vetti

no avatar
User

sarah.mabe

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun May 14, 2017 5:38 pm

bar Vetti

by sarah.mabe » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:40 pm

I heard that bar Vetti had changed their tipping policy. I didn't find anything on their website or social media. Kind of bummed because I really liked no tipping policy and instead paying a fair wage to servers. It offset the slightly high prices compared to serving sizes for me and made it more of a regular in my rotation instead of a special occasion spot.
Anyone know for sure?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: bar Vetti

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Sarah, I love that policy too, and as far as I know it has not changed. I can tell you that I haven't heard of a change, couldn't come up with anything about a change via Google, and found an online review as recently as February indicating that the policy was still in practice then, less than two months ago. (Just wondering if you might be thinking of Red Herring, which started as no-tipping but then changed, and later sadly closed.)
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 pm

I’m interested to know what you consider a fair wage.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Gary Z wrote:I’m interested to know what you consider a fair wage.

$15-20 hr.