Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Joy Perrine

User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Joy Perrine

by Jay M. » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Westport Wine and Whiskey’s Facebook page reports the passing of local and beloved cocktail maven, Joy Perrine. She was the longtime bartender at Equus and Jack’s Lounge and knew a LOT about her craft.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Joy Perrine

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:18 pm

So sorry to hear of her passing, Jay. There have been a number of remembrances on Facebook, including one from Gary Fox, who knew her well. Maybe Gary will chime in here.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:21 am

Joy was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer over two years ago and has waged an amazing battle since.
She asked for no memorials or services and her family is going along with here wishes. I'tm sure she would appreciate folks raising a good bourbon in her name.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 am

Very sad indeed. Joy opened up the field for women bartenders in Louisville when there were still politicians voicing concerns about women even sitting at a bar. Her courageous firsts enabled me to start my own restaurant career.
Thank you Joy.
Here’s to you.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson