Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Brooke B

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:49 am

Re: Logan Street market

by Brooke B » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Wild Hops has a full, extensive bar and plenty of seating! The Breeze Wine Shop is bar adjacent and has a great selection! I’m 85% certain that both spots have a package permit as well so patrons can purchase wine and beer to take home.....
no avatar
User

Brent M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm

by Brent M » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Photo of the opening menu at Harvey's Cheese is also here:
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/harveys ... louisville

Updated website coming soon at www.harveyscheese.com
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:14 pm

@LoganStreetMarket on most social media will provide tasty photos and updates on things happening daily.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:16 am

It was a cool spot and we enjoyed our happy hour. Wild hops doesnt have their own beer available yet, but they have 6 or so taps and a full bar, as does the wine place right next to it.

I enjoyed some sort of coffee-infused negroni as well, and enjoyed being able to wander around and check out the shops while i enjoyed my beverages

As an avowed lover of combining coffee and alcohol, i have to mention that the coffee stall also has a liquor license and i enjoyed an ethiopian brew with wild turkey and a touch of something like oat milk. Who can really remember after the full happy hour experience?

I think the food stalls look promising. I was there a little and didnt see too many people eating but everything looked good. Id suggest that they offer more appetizers/sharables to feed groups of drinkers. Maybe thats a personal preference but the only thing that fit the bill was the nachos from Foko. I highly recommend them.

The stores were cool and i hope they do well but wonder if a more food-Intensive environment would be better for business. That said, im not a shopper but like to eat, so it may be source bit

Oh yeah, after a brief conversation, sascha from cold smoke let me try my first jalapeno cured herring. Very good, and an excellent pairing for a beer.

LSM is worth checking out andI think it had the potential to be very popular
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:29 pm

I also met some folks for beers there last night and also wound up going back this morning, when it was absolutely packed. I don’t have a ton to add except that that it’s really nice to have another Wiltshire outpost nearby, and that the cold smoke lox bagel I had was great. I’m sure we will be hitting this place a lot on weekend mornings for coffee and breakfast. The kid play area is very helpful, too.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon. LSM is a great addition to Louisville. We went this morning for coffee at Safai (our fav coffee) and breakfast sandwiches from Cold Smoked. There are still a few stalls available and I suspect this will be a great place to start a new business or further an established one. I applaud the owners who had the vision and perseverance to bring LSM to reality.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Fond Originals is leaving Logan Street Market, with the last day of operation on Nov. 24.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/l ... 257798002/

We have given LSM 2 shots and were underwhelmed both times.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Here's Madeleine's original Facebook post, with comment thread. It's public, so should be viewable by all.

https://www.facebook.com/madeleine.dee7 ... 9187246009
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:28 am

I've also been twice, but I had a nice time both visits. The last one I had some beer and a good shrimp dish from a vendor, can't recall the name. My issue with the food kiosks is that several of them are closed from 2-5, limiting the options.

My first visit, Fond was the first place that I patronized. I had two thoughts: 1) This jam is really good (I bought a jar), and 2) How can a retail space survive selling only jam and fig pizzas? Supplying niche retailers might be a better route for them, at least until/if they expand their line of products.
no avatar
User

Brent M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm

by Brent M » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:36 am

JustinHammond wrote:Fond Originals is leaving Logan Street Market, with the last day of operation on Nov. 24.

What specifically underwhelmed you about LSM?
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Brent M wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:Fond Originals is leaving Logan Street Market, with the last day of operation on Nov. 24.

What specifically underwhelmed you about LSM?

The first trip was on a Saturday at 10:30
The line to the coffee shop was 25 deep.
There was only one other food vendor open serving standard breakfast food.

Second trip at 8ish on a Sat. night.
Line 15-20 deep at the brewery, one bartender working
No beer being brewed in house
Seafood market is small
Meat market wasn't open

It's just not a destination for me. I'm used to the destination markets like Reading Terminal, Chelsea, West Side, or even Jungle Jims.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
Previous