Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Logan Street market

no avatar
User

Brooke B

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:49 am

Re: Logan Street market

by Brooke B » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Wild Hops has a full, extensive bar and plenty of seating! The Breeze Wine Shop is bar adjacent and has a great selection! I’m 85% certain that both spots have a package permit as well so patrons can purchase wine and beer to take home.....
no avatar
User

Brent M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm

by Brent M » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Photo of the opening menu at Harvey's Cheese is also here:
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/harveys ... louisville

Updated website coming soon at www.harveyscheese.com
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:14 pm

@LoganStreetMarket on most social media will provide tasty photos and updates on things happening daily.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:16 am

It was a cool spot and we enjoyed our happy hour. Wild hops doesnt have their own beer available yet, but they have 6 or so taps and a full bar, as does the wine place right next to it.

I enjoyed some sort of coffee-infused negroni as well, and enjoyed being able to wander around and check out the shops while i enjoyed my beverages

As an avowed lover of combining coffee and alcohol, i have to mention that the coffee stall also has a liquor license and i enjoyed an ethiopian brew with wild turkey and a touch of something like oat milk. Who can really remember after the full happy hour experience?

I think the food stalls look promising. I was there a little and didnt see too many people eating but everything looked good. Id suggest that they offer more appetizers/sharables to feed groups of drinkers. Maybe thats a personal preference but the only thing that fit the bill was the nachos from Foko. I highly recommend them.

The stores were cool and i hope they do well but wonder if a more food-Intensive environment would be better for business. That said, im not a shopper but like to eat, so it may be source bit

Oh yeah, after a brief conversation, sascha from cold smoke let me try my first jalapeno cured herring. Very good, and an excellent pairing for a beer.

LSM is worth checking out andI think it had the potential to be very popular
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:29 pm

I also met some folks for beers there last night and also wound up going back this morning, when it was absolutely packed. I don’t have a ton to add except that that it’s really nice to have another Wiltshire outpost nearby, and that the cold smoke lox bagel I had was great. I’m sure we will be hitting this place a lot on weekend mornings for coffee and breakfast. The kid play area is very helpful, too.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Jumping on the bandwagon. LSM is a great addition to Louisville. We went this morning for coffee at Safai (our fav coffee) and breakfast sandwiches from Cold Smoked. There are still a few stalls available and I suspect this will be a great place to start a new business or further an established one. I applaud the owners who had the vision and perseverance to bring LSM to reality.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Fond Originals is leaving Logan Street Market, with the last day of operation on Nov. 24.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/l ... 257798002/

We have given LSM 2 shots and were underwhelmed both times.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Here's Madeleine's original Facebook post, with comment thread. It's public, so should be viewable by all.

https://www.facebook.com/madeleine.dee7 ... 9187246009
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:28 am

I've also been twice, but I had a nice time both visits. The last one I had some beer and a good shrimp dish from a vendor, can't recall the name. My issue with the food kiosks is that several of them are closed from 2-5, limiting the options.

My first visit, Fond was the first place that I patronized. I had two thoughts: 1) This jam is really good (I bought a jar), and 2) How can a retail space survive selling only jam and fig pizzas? Supplying niche retailers might be a better route for them, at least until/if they expand their line of products.
no avatar
User

Brent M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm

by Brent M » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:36 am

JustinHammond wrote:Fond Originals is leaving Logan Street Market, with the last day of operation on Nov. 24.

What specifically underwhelmed you about LSM?
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Brent M wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:Fond Originals is leaving Logan Street Market, with the last day of operation on Nov. 24.

What specifically underwhelmed you about LSM?

The first trip was on a Saturday at 10:30
The line to the coffee shop was 25 deep.
There was only one other food vendor open serving standard breakfast food.

Second trip at 8ish on a Sat. night.
Line 15-20 deep at the brewery, one bartender working
No beer being brewed in house
Seafood market is small
Meat market wasn't open

It's just not a destination for me. I'm used to the destination markets like Reading Terminal, Chelsea, West Side, or even Jungle Jims.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
Previous