Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Logan Street market

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Logan Street market

by Mark R. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Just got a notification on business 1st that a new tenant opened in the Logan Street Market I believe this is the 1st). What's strange is its a workout facility, nothing to do with food. As a comment in the article that the owner says is a good fit because it deals with wellness but it's certainly not something I ever considered would become part of the market. We'll see how it works out but from the pictures it's taking up a lot of space in the bldg., space that I feel could be better used for food centered businesses.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Logan Street market

by James Natsis » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:44 am

I was concerned about this as well so I dug into it a bit. According to a Wave3 vignette from about a month ago, Barefit has been operating there for the past 3 months. They must be located elsewhere in the building that is not part of what will be the market area. In this case, it would add to the ambiance without taking up valuable space. They also reported that there were only 4 stalls left at that time. Also from the piece--“We will have cheese, sausage, four restaurants, a brewery, and Wiltshire, as well as coffee shops,” Safai said.........sounding pretty good thus far!

http://www.wave3.com/2018/12/07/year-ro ... XDHBDVFg-w
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

MichaelBolen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:03 pm

by MichaelBolen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 am

Never fear. Barefit is located in the north side of the bldg, completely away from the market.
Construction on the actual market is not visible outside but I assume they will do the outside in the spring. Apparently they are working on the interior. At 25k sq feet, it will be nearly the size of the Goss Ave kroger before it was redone. It's not small.

Here are the tenants:
http://ediblelouisville.ediblecommuniti ... mprovement

Unless people from this board ditch Whole Foods and what not, this market won't survive....so please drive down there from St Matthews or wherever and support it!
A few well known local players like Chef Madeline from Fond and Susan from Wiltshire will operate there....but it will also bring several small restaurants that will almost be like mini food trucks, including some very new to market food such as from Burkina Faso and Venezuelan food. It really looks to me the final concept will be one part Flea off Market, one part Vgrits, a small portion like what the old Roots was, and a few food truck type vendors indoors. This isn't your classic indoor food market like Westside in Cleveland but is more like a modern food hall meets a flea market meets a farmer's market and brewery. A mall for city folk if you will? Either way, I hope people keep positive about it.

I have no affiliation but am very involved with property in Shelby Park and the neighborhood needs this! I explained to the owners a major challenge is the bldg itself....a very nondescript corrugated warehouse that could just as easily been in Jtown industrial park as Shelby Park. So the bldg itself will need to be dressed up quite a bit to look more urban, unique, and also historic meets modern. I think they plan to do that with wood, greens, and blue paint colors.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Nice response, Michael. That piece in Edible says it all. They had me at Burkina Faso...........

This place has "winner" written all over it. That location is up and coming, especially with Tim Faulkner just across the corner. It is well placed between the Highlands, NuLu and Germantown.

My only question is what the heck took us so long to get such a place?
James J. Natsis