Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

Cheesecake Factory...again...

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:11 pm

So, a friend of mine from Virginia called me last night and said he and his fiancee were on their way to Louisville and we needed to meet for a drink. I had TWO weddings yesterday, and finally at around 11ish, we were able to meet up. I called and he said they were at the Cheesecake Factory. I posted a mini review the first time I went, which stated I would never return. Well, I only see him a couple of times a year, so I had to visit.

First, it was 11PM and when we got there, there were still a few tables eating. I also called another of our friends and she beat me there. There were seven of them in a round booth and another friend had pulled up a chair. When we got there, there were 10 of us and clearly, we weren't all going to fit. So, we stood up and socialized. I felt so badly for the tables around us! I kept telling everyone in my party to "shhhh" because there were others around, but you know what happens when you get good friends together who don't see each other often. One of the guys asked the waitress for a couple of extra chairs, to which she replied, "um...let me see what I can do" Which was NOTHING, as we got no other chairs. I went to the restroom and passed a section that was EMPTY (by the bar, if anyone's familiar with the place) so when I got back, I suggested that maybe (since everyone was finished eating---only drinking) we should move over so A) we could chat and B) we didn't disturb the tables around us. I asked the server, who told me "that section's closed."

Ok, I understand that perhaps a server had been cut since it was so late, and the tables were clean, but we just wanted a place to sit. I know the table behind us was uncomfortable as some of our rear ends were close to sitting on their table. Noone was eating--we weren't going to make a mess.

So, we were so uncomfortable, six of our friends left and offered to meet up later at a more convenient location. I'm in the business. I know what it's like to have people standing around with nowhere to go---servers trying to get through, other customers trying to talk, and drinkers not really knowing what's going on. The problem here is that we DID have somewhere to go, but "that section's closed" Am I being ridiculous or is that CRAZY?!

Oh...and by the way...they still had TONS of ads in their menu...one for Barbados---who does that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm

That was Ashley's post

by AshleyChesman » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Sorry---I'm at mom's and just realized I was logged in under her name.
no avatar
User

Frank Wheatley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Louisville

menu

by Frank Wheatley » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:03 am

The adds in the menu really annoy me.
Frank
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:37 pm

I went to the Cheesecake Factory once. Dinner for two adults and two children was about what I'd expect to pay at some of Louisville's nicest restaurants. The portions were gargantuan, but nothing was good enough to want to take home. The wait for a table was more than one hour. No need to return.