Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Jtown Beach House - Quills Coffee and Comfy Cow Ice Cream

by Michele Janosek » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:23 pm

There is a new locally owned coffee shop/ice cream parlor that just opened this week on Watterson Trail in Jtown. It's called the Jtown Beach House and they are serving Quills Coffee and Comfy Cow Ice Cream. :D It's in the white building which previously housed Churchill's, among other places, next door to Jtown Beach sand volleyball courts.

I spoke with one of the owners yesterday and he said they have meeting space available for small groups and plan to have a tea parlor/party room upstairs for events, in the vein of Sword & the Scone. My latte was tasty and the staff is super friendly! They are currently open from 6:30 A - 5:00 P daily.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Jtown Beach House - Quills Coffee and Comfy Cow Ice Cre

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Sounds great! Not terribly convenient for me, but I'll definitely head out that way some time soon to check it out. I liked that building when it was Churchill's. In fact, I miss Churchill's. :)
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

Re: Jtown Beach House - Quills Coffee and Comfy Cow Ice Cre

by charles.minter » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:13 pm

I wish them well, but I’m not sure any building in the city has had more failed concepts. No way I’d put my money into opening anything there. That area of J’town has more bar/restaurant options now than ever before, so hopefully that will help.