Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Las vegas recommendations

by Ron Johnson » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Amy Smalley wrote:My BIL used to live in LV and we went there frequentlly so I've tried many restaurants there. I highly recommend Lotus of Siam. Amazingly good and reasonably priced. For a very special dinner I recommend Bertolotti in the Wynn. We had an unbelievably good meal here last spring. They specialize in seafood and fly all of their fish in from Italy daily. They bring the fish out to your table so you can see it and there were many kinds I had never even heard of. We chose a chef's choice dinner which if you are adventorous is a good choice. It is quite pricey but it is a lot of food and more of an experience than just a meal. The service was impeccable.

I think you are speaking of Ristorante Bartolotta di Mare. This is the restaurant that was opened by Paul Bartolotta of Spiaggia in Chicago. The fish is not solely (pardon the pun) from Italy, but it is flown in from the Mediterranean each day.

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/north-america/united-states/nevada/las-vegas/restaurant-detail.html?vid=1154654626913
no avatar
User

Amy Smalley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Middletown

LV

by Amy Smalley » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:59 pm

That is the one. Sorry I got the name wrong. The meal was quite memorable though! The review you posted hits the nail on the head.

Amy
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:52 am

I have a friend who lives in Vegas. She said that the Wynn restaurants overall are the best.
Previous