Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: Real good Chinese?

by meghan.levins » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:03 am

It's hands down Peking City Bistro; both authentic and more Americanized menus are SO freaking good, and they accommodate large groups. I aspire to have enough friends on the same schedule to get their hot pot. The service is also really great.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 am

meghan.levins wrote:It's hands down Peking City Bistro; both authentic and more Americanized menus are SO freaking good, and they accommodate large groups. I aspire to have enough friends on the same schedule to get their hot pot. The service is also really great.

Do you go often, Meghan? I would have agreed with everything you say ... before the sale two years ago. If you're basing this on more recent evidence, though, I'll consider giving them another shot.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:55 pm

I've been to Peking City in the past 2 years and their General Tsao's chicken is still by far the best in town.
no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

by meghan.levins » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:59 pm

We go at least once a month; the dried, green onion stuffed pork intestine, spicy beef tendon and green beans are my go to but we try a little something extra every time. Recently tried the calamari for the first time and it was incredible, tossed with a ton of fresh quick fried veggies and chilies.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Megan- which restaurant?
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 pm

I'm happy to report that I ordered carryout from Peking City in Middletown tonight, and everything was fantastic. Meats tender and properly cooked, everything seasoned well, veggies fresh and not overcooked, piping hot, order correct, friendly service. I would recommend it without hesitation.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:12 am

Yay! Thanks for the update, Joni.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:25 pm

We like Sichuan Garden a lot (but eat it there, and NEVER get the buffet!) and Peking City. Peking City has the best dumplings we've tried.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
Previous