Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

trad. Thanksgiving recomendations?

by Willie Myers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:41 pm

hi all!
last minute change in plans, will be sticking around for turkey-day and would like to go out that afternoon for a nice traditional turkey dinner!
LeMoo and most others closed, tried a couple of hotels (Eng. Grill) - - all booked....
Any other thoughts?
thanks for your help
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: trad. Thanksgiving recomendations?

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Relax!

Order & pick up from Whole Foods, and eat at home with your feet up and the football games on tv!
Andrew Mellman
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Churchill Downs. Traditional spread, non-traditional Thanksgiving venue, but popular, I hear.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:37 am

Chef Bobby invites you and yours to dine with our Butchertown Grocery family this Thanksgiving with lunch or dinner seatings from 11am - 7pm.

Make your reservations soon because Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!

Please contact us at 502.742.8315 to reserve your table today!

In our dining room, Thanksgiving dinner is served family style, allowing friends and family to share in this festive food experience. The menu includes:

Salad: Pecan
------
Entrees: Smoked Rotisserie Turkey & Preachers Ham
------
Sides Include: Whipped Potatoes, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Parsnips and Carrots, Fried Brussels Sprouts, Spaghetti Squash Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Cornbread Dressing, Turkey Stuffing, and Dinner Rolls.
------
Dessert: Maple Walnut Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip cookies & and Beignets

Dinner is $50/per person. Kids 10 and under eat free!
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:32 am

hey, thanks everybody! those were great suggestions, all!
Justin, I loved the offering @ The Butchertown Grocery but, unfortuntately, they were all booked out by the time I responded. Maybe next year?
At the end of the day, and based on another recent thread here, I was able to get a booking @ The Old Stone Inn, so I'll let you all know how it goes!
Again, many thanks