Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Anoosh Bistro visit

User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

Anoosh Bistro visit

by Steve A » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Barbara and I visited Anoosh Bistro early last week, and as always had a great time there. If a fine dining experience defined by food, service and ambiance, for me the quality of the food is what makes the place stand out above the others. Anoosh Bistro delivers.

My sweetie ordered the beet salad, followed by the lamb shank for her entrée. The beet salad was perfectly crisp and tangy, and the lamb was fork-tender and very flavorful.

My choice was the house salad for starter, and the haddock special for my main. The haddock was moist, and served on a bed of Israeli couscous with green beans and corn in a rich sauce, with a hint of saffron.

I’ve come to conclusion that the magic that Anoosh and staff bring to the food is thanks to their skill with seasoning. The lamb shank, with a hint of cinnamon, and the touch of saffron in my special show that these folks are at the top of their game.I

And then there was the evening’s dessert special of salted caramel ice cream accompanying bread pudding, and the raspberry sorbet with chocolate mousse. The only words I can come up to describe those are decadent and delicious.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge that Anoosh really sets the tone for service at his namesake restaurant. His warm greeting never fails to put a smile on our faces.

And if it’s okay with Robin, I'd like to add a postscript: I’m posting this somewhere on the road a day’s drive west of Louisville, as Barbara and I are relocating southwest. This move came together much quicker than we expected, so we apologize for not bidding our foodie friends a proper farewell.

I have to thank Robin and all of you who lurk and post here for welcoming us into your hearts.

Louisville will always be a special place for us.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Anoosh Bistro visit

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Steve A wrote:And if it’s okay with Robin, I'd like to add a postscript: I’m posting this somewhere on the road a day’s drive west of Louisville, as Barbara and I are relocating southwest. This move came together much quicker than we expected, so we apologize for not bidding our foodie friends a proper farewell.

I have to thank Robin and all of you who lurk and post here for welcoming us into your hearts.

Louisville will always be a special place for us.

Steve, best wishes to you both on this next stage of your journey. Please don't be shy about popping in from your new home if you['d like to tell us about the food at your new place, or anything else!
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:08 am

What?! No! Unacceptable! There just aren’t enough really cool people around (or at least as cool and funny and charming as you and Barbara.)
You will be miss. Any trip you make back into town must be an excuse for an off line!
<3
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:54 am

Ditto what Carla said!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:07 pm

I so agree about Anoosh- just the best.

I knew your move was coming, I' so sorry I didn't get a chance to say good-bye. I''ve really enjoyed our brief times together.

All the best n the desert.