Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Two reviews: Feast Jtown and 80/20 @ Kaelin's

by Heather L » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:33 pm

This might sound strange coming from a vegetarian, but Feast and Royals are 2 of my absolute favorite spots in town. Thank for you providing good, tasty and different options for vegetarians. While there is no shortage of veggie friendly places these days, I am still often disappointed when looking at menus of new places and see the one pasta dish or the one black bean burger/portabello mushroom. I greatly appreciate your attention and creativity!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Two reviews: Feast Jtown and 80/20 @ Kaelin's

by Carla G » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 am

I made it to Feast in J-town last night and had an excellent meal. I too had the Mac and cheese balls and I think Joni’s description was accurate. Mine were fried perfectly. I wanted to limit my meat consumption so I had the pork tacos (Mexican style) and found them to be delicious! Pork was tender, not dry. No real need for any sauce but I did try them and I loved their basic original sauce.
In addition the restaurant (including the restrooms) was immaculately clean. Staff was very friendly.
I plan to return and try their ribs.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Previous