Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Chef Anthony Lorie of Amerigo

no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Bardstown, KY

Chef Anthony Lorie of Amerigo

by Perry Parrent » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 pm

The wife and I ate at Amerigo this afternoon and learned that Chef Tony has accepted a position at Sullivan. I hope they find a replacement as good as him. I ordered the Filet there once and asked if he would cook it. He agreed to and it was delicious. That is one of the reasons we like to eat there.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Chef Anthony Lorie of Amerigo

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Perry Parrent wrote:The wife and I ate at Amerigo this afternoon and learned that Chef Tony has accepted a position at Sullivan. I hope they find a replacement as good as him. I ordered the Filet there once and asked if he would cook it. He agreed to and it was delicious. That is one of the reasons we like to eat there.

That's impressive considering this list of chef's at Sullivan. Until you posted this and I did a little research, I had no idea of the high end people they have over there.

And this must be a fairly up to date list as it mentions that most recently Chef Castro and his brother were on the “Kentucky Hot Brown Throw Down” with Bobby Flay on the Food Network.

http://www.sullivan.edu/nchs/faculty_culinary.asp

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.