Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Re: Martin's lighting up old Lynn's at last

by Margie L » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 pm

In all fairness Chris, the other BBQ restaurants you mentioned that you consider Martin’s being superior to doesn’t exactly set the bar very high.

Waitjustaminute Carla...I am seriously in love with Momma's beef ribs. :D
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:11 pm

hey Cris,
You wrote,
CrisBanaszynski wrote:..I'm not just saying this because of my ties to Martin's,...
would you want to elaborate on that?
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:15 am

Margie L wrote:
In all fairness Chris, the other BBQ restaurants you mentioned that you consider Martin’s being superior to doesn’t exactly set the bar very high.

Waitjustaminute Carla...I am seriously in love with Momma's beef ribs. :D

Noted! And that was an oversight on my part because the ONLY meal I’ve had at Momma’s were their BBQ beef ribs and they were everything a beef rib should be. Loved them.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

119 Saint Matthews Avenue

by CrisBanaszynski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:41 am

Carla G wrote:Chris, I wasn’t trying to be a smarty pants but I see you haven’t posted much on these sites. Welcome. We love having all the input about dining around the city from as many fronts as possible.

But, perhaps you don’t know your audience here on these boards. There’s many accomplished chefs, bakers, mixologists, restaurant owners and managers that post here. We’ve got James Beard finalists, chefs that have been seen on national TV and nationally noted folks in the restaurant field. This isn’t just a bunch of the usual “YELP” foodies or backyard enthusiasts.
It just so happens that Steve is quite accomplished in the BBQ sector. And yes he has cooked for a couple hundred at a time. While some may or may not agree with his tastes he is due his props for the work he has done.

We wish Martin’s well and no doubt many here will make the drive out there to check them out.
You’ve done your job helping get the word out.

So Carla, a couple different things are going on here. I've been posting on this site since 2013 when I had my bbq restaurant. A simple google search would have clued you to that. I haven't posted in a while because I'm actually employed in the business and I'm quite busy, however as I'm never too busy to call people out for eating somewhere once and acting like they are experts on the offerings of any place. It's funny that you mentioned who populates this forum because I remember a time when it was not populated by pretentious dicks who talk down to someone they have never met. If anyone wants to compare quality, I invite you to do so. Anything you can make in your backyard, please come by for an objective evaluation of your work. I promise it won't be in vain as I am quite knowledgeable as a KCBS participant and judge. Thanks for your time.
Never trust a skinny chef...or a fat vegan
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

by CrisBanaszynski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 am

Willie Myers wrote:hey Cris,
You wrote,
CrisBanaszynski wrote:..I'm not just saying this because of my ties to Martin's,...
would you want to elaborate on that?

I work for them
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:27 am

CrisBanaszynski wrote: ... pretentious dicks ...

Most of us try not to be, Cris. Nil illegitimati carborundum. :)
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 am

Robin Garr wrote:Nil illegitimati carborundum. :)

Well done!
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Nil illegitimati carborundum. :)

One of my favorite sayings.
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Carla G wrote:In all fairness Chris, the other BBQ restaurants you mentioned that you consider Martin’s being superior to doesn’t exactly set the bar very high.
DUCK!, Carla....DUCK!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/04/fl ... e-say.html
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

by CrisBanaszynski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Willie Myers wrote:
Carla G wrote:In all fairness Chris, the other BBQ restaurants you mentioned that you consider Martin’s being superior to doesn’t exactly set the bar very high.
DUCK!, Carla....DUCK!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/04/fl ... e-say.html

I feel like that's pretty insensitive, given the times we live in.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Just for fun.

Best bbq restaurant dishes I’ve had in Louisville. One offs, just great on a particular day, not necessarily all the time.

Atypical (chris’s place) - burnt ends and wings.
FABD - brisket sandwich and potato salad
Martins - Whole hog pulled pork sandwich
Momma’s - beef ribs and wings
Feast BBQ - baby backs and collards
ATG - beef jerky, burgoo and brisket

Someone has kick ass beans but I can’t remember right now.

These are all dishes at one time or another I thought couldn’t get any better. I think bbq in general has the largest swing in quality than any other food type.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

by CrisBanaszynski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:48 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Just for fun.

Best bbq restaurant dishes I’ve had in Louisville. One offs, just great on a particular day, not necessarily all the time.

Atypical (chris’s place) - burnt ends and wings.
FABD - brisket sandwich and potato salad
Martins - Whole hog pulled pork sandwich
Momma’s - beef ribs and wings
Feast BBQ - baby backs and collards
ATG - beef jerky, burgoo and brisket

Someone has kick ass beans but I can’t remember right now.

These are all dishes at one time or another I thought couldn’t get any better. I think bbq in general has the largest swing in quality than any other food type.

Thanks Justin, your opinion carries weight. You actually do your homework. Come see me soon.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 am

Whoaaaa Chris, relax.
I did a simple search on LHB of you (not a google search) and all it showed was that your most active thread was this one in which you had only made, at that time, a couple of entries. I didn’t spend a great deal of time googling you. That’s why I said what I did. I thought I answered civilly. Sorry you didn’t see it that way. As I previously said I didn’t post to start a fight or be confrontational, I was merely defending someone else on the board who had expressed an opinion. (We’re allowed to do that right?)
But I will ask you this....so far, have you helped yourself or your business with your posts? Typically most people don’t respond well when referred to as pretentious dicks or bastards (even if it was in faux Latin.)
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

CrisBanaszynski

{ RANK }

Foodie

by CrisBanaszynski » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Carla G wrote:Whoaaaa Chris, relax.
I did a simple search on LHB of you (not a google search) and all it showed was that your most active thread was this one in which you had only made, at that time, a couple of entries. I didn’t spend a great deal of time googling you. That’s why I said what I did. I thought I answered civilly. Sorry you didn’t see it that way. As I previously said I didn’t post to start a fight or be confrontational, I was merely defending someone else on the board who had expressed an opinion. (We’re allowed to do that right?)
But I will ask you this....so far, have you helped yourself or your business with your posts? Typically most people don’t respond well when referred to as pretentious dicks or bastards (even if it was in faux Latin.)

All I'm saying is, put any product up against mine. Put your money where your mouth is.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:37 pm

CrisBanaszynski wrote:
Carla G wrote:Whoaaaa Chris, relax.

All I'm saying is, put any product up against mine. Put your money where your mouth is.

Cris with your attitude I don't want you to have one red cent of my money , trust me I can live without you and Martin's and word gets around...Louisville is too small of a town to be acting all too big for your britches
PreviousNext