Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

Re: What would you do?

by Adriel Gray » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm

I think of all politicians the same. They are all the goofy kids in your class that wanted to be liked so bad that they made lame colorful signs to run for class council, because they weren't good at sports or they couldn't make friends. We all know the type, any kid that chose to wear white polo shirts, "slacks", and shoes with pennies in them that their mama's laid out on their "changing chair" in the morning. I just have a really awesome meal and be super funny and cool. Don't worry, I know they see it and are super jealous. (this is largely a joke post to ease snarky tension, I'm sure some politicians had friends, especially among oil industry tycoons even at a young age :mrgreen: )
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Adriel Gray wrote:I think of all politicians the same. They are all the goofy kids in your class that wanted to be liked so bad that they made lame colorful signs to run for class council ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 am

Given that he’s an elected official and the number of times I’ve tried to reach him by phone and was unable to leave a message, I’d have no problem sharing a brief thought with him. Or perhaps handing him a personal note. They cannot repeatedly make decisions that do not represent their constituents and continue to think they can hide from those whose lives they effect. They are public servents and , with the exception of perhaps an extremely hefty matrimonial dowry , live on a salary granted by the same public.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am

Carla G wrote:They are public servents and , with the exception of perhaps an extremely hefty matrimonial dowry , live on money "donated" to them by special interests.

Fixed that for you.

I can easily see both sides of this issue. I think a compromise might be to let said politician enjoy their meal and then pass along a parting thought as they are wrapping up. Interrupting someone mid-chew is a bit gauche, but also not availing yourself of an opportunity to speak to your elected official is down right wasteful.

Personally, I'm surprised Ol' Scratch even has to eat given the amount of souls he consumes on a daily basis... :twisted:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 am

RonnieD wrote:Interrupting someone mid-chew is a bit gauche

And yet you'd be surprised how many servers at classy places can't keep from doing just that to ask if you're enjoying your dinnner. :twisted: (Or is this just something that goes with being recognized as a food critic? If so, it's counter-productive.)

... but also not availing yourself of an opportunity to speak to your elected official is down right wasteful.

Personally, I'm surprised Ol' Scratch even has to eat given the amount of souls he consumes on a daily basis... :twisted:

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
RonnieD wrote:Interrupting someone mid-chew is a bit gauche

And yet you'd be surprised how many servers at classy places can't keep from doing just that to ask if you're enjoying your dinnner. :twisted: (Or is this just something that goes with being recognized as a food critic? If so, it's counter-productive.)

... but also not availing yourself of an opportunity to speak to your elected official is down right wasteful.

+1 :lol:
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Previous