Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

Where to watch Sunday's World Cup final?

by Laura SS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Any favorite recommendations for noshing while enjoying Sunday's World Cup final? Preferably with a pro-Croatian crowd? ;-)

Kickoff at 11 AM puts the prime action right during lunch, and it might be fun to bring my son to watch with fellow fans.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Where to watch Sunday's World Cup final?

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Pro-Croatian might be a problem. We have some Bosnians in Louisville, but the way the Balkans are, they might be rooting against Croatia. :)

For soccer in general and World Cup in particular, isn't Molly Malone's supposed to be the place?

Meanwhile, I'm grieving that World Cup is almost over already. Too soon! It's the fastest month ever. :cry:
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Where to watch Sunday's World Cup final?

by Willie Myers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Robin Garr wrote:...For soccer in general and World Cup in particular, isn't Molly Malone's supposed to be the place?
For sure! It's the one on Baxter Ave and I was there last weekend for England v. Sweden and it was *great* fun!

There were tons of British & Swedish fans but, more to the point, there were tons of Louisville City FC fans who just wanted to see some great football! And I'd suspect they'll be there this Sunday, as well.

Ring up Molly's on (502) 473-1222 or FB on https://www.facebook.com/MollyMalonesIrishPub/ to see what time they're going to open as it'll likely be packed by throw-in.