Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Feast BBQ in Jtown

no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Feast BBQ in Jtown

by Joni L » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Good evening!

My sweetie and I went to the Jtown craft beer festival today specifically to get po boys from Captains Kitchen food truck. If you haven't tried it yet, do so! It's owned by two military veterans that are super cool guys and the food is off the chain. I normally wouldn't order a fish sandwich on purpose, but theirs is ridiculously good! They actually order their French baguettes from New Orleans, and portions are huge and full of flavor. They post their location on their Facebook page. Back on track... we parked in the lot at Taylorsville and Watterson Trail, and realized that it's going to be the new Feast. We saw frames for picnic tables outdoors and when we snooped around a little saw a Feast sign. I'm assuming they're pretty close to opening, as there were a ton of supplies that you could see through the front window.

I haven't made it to the Feast in NuLu but I keep hearing good things... I'm in Jtown frequently, so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Peace out!
Joni
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Feast BBQ in Jtown

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks for letting us know, Joni. I really like Feast, so this sounds like a big win for J'town.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:55 am

The Captain's Kitchen food truck was at the Crescent Hill July 4 event. I had a fish sandwich and found it really good.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Glad to have Feast in J-Town!