Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Third El Taco Luchador opening downtown

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Chef Fernando Martinez’s Olé Hospitality Group announced today the company plans to open El Taco Luchador sometime in late Summer or early Fall in the space formerly occupied by Zoë's Kitchen, 500 W. Jefferson St., at the corner of West Jefferson and South Fifth streets.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Third El Taco Luchador opening downtown

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 pm

A fourth shop is planned in Stonybrook.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Robin Garr wrote:...fourth shop...

Does that make it a ch_ch_ch_ch_chain?? :shock:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:...fourth shop...

Does that make it a ch_ch_ch_ch_chain?? :shock:

I don't think there's any doubt about it that chaining Luchador is their plan right now. I think they've hit the ceiling with sit-down restaurants - note that they sold the last two, Mercato and Red Barn, while moving ahead briskly with additional Luchador shops.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote: I think they've hit the ceiling with sit-down restaurants - note that they sold the last two, Mercato and Red Barn, while moving ahead briskly with additional Luchador shops.

I knew that he had sold Mercato but I thought he was still a partial owner of Red Barn/Joe's with the previous owner? Is also been a rumor about him opening a new Steak/Bourbon restaurant but that seems to be taking an awful long time.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 am

Mark R. wrote:I knew that he had sold Mercato but I thought he was still a partial owner of Red Barn/Joe's with the previous owner? Is also been a rumor about him opening a new Steak/Bourbon restaurant but that seems to be taking an awful long time.

I'm pretty sure he sold Joe's back to the original owner. The statements at the time had him continuing to assist with the menu, but I'm not sure what that really means, since it's Joe's barbecue again. :) Maybe the outcome of the steak and bourbon restaurant will tell us something, if it happens or if it doesn't.