Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tokyo Japanese closed?

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Tokyo Japanese closed?

by Kim H » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm not sure, but Tokyo Japanese on Line Kiln appears to be closed. I ordered Tuna Tataki to-go from them just a few weeks ago, and was sooo pleased. Tried to call multiple times last week with no answer after many rings. I thought maybe they were on vacation, so tried again tonight, and also tried online ordering options. Grubhub pulled up a message staying that, "it appears this restaurant is closed." I tried calling directly, and this time there was a message stating that the call could not go through. Anyone have info on their situation?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tokyo Japanese closed?

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:03 pm

First I've heard, Kim! I know it changed hands a few years ago, and honestly, I thought it had been the best Japanese in town before the sale, but not as much afterward. Still, I'd hate to see it go. :(
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:36 am

Turns out they're not closed, but seems no one cared anyway. Carry on.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:28 am

It's sad that no one cared, but honestly, I haven't been back for quite a while. I wish the original family had stayed - they had the best and most authentic sushi bar in town. Now it's okay, but not really different from the others. Better than the new Ikebana in Red Pepper's space, though!