Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Dinner in Nashville TN in September

by RichardM » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Need some help with a dinner for 16 to 23 on a Saturday night. Every year my 12 first cousins and spouses get together for a weekend. We've been doing it for about 15 years. We are meeting the second Saturday of September this year in Nashville, TN.

We would want to eat at about 6:30. Looking for a place with a separate room or a section where we can all be together at a couple tables. We are kind of generic foodies for the most part. Fish, beef, Italian, fresh veggies & bread, adult beverages and deserts.

And would like a place for Friday night with burgers and brews. Runs about 10-13 that evening. Think Grind or Oskar’s or Against the Grain. A good local pizza place would be ok too.

Open to other ideas if you know of any. Kind of figured that there was enough Louisville Foodies who have traveled to Nashville in the past year we get some pointers.

Really appreciate any help you can give.

Is there anything like LHB in Nashville?

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Dinner in Nashville TN in September

by Will Terry » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 pm

Check out Monell's... I'm not sure if they do reservations, but they are a fun place to get a meal. They seat everyone at a big table and proceed to bring out some of the best southern food you can find... it's one of my favorite food experiences.

Googling it, there are a ton of great burger options... I can't vouch for any of them... We ate at Burger Up and it was really good... I don't know if it's still good, but it was 6 years ago!

Rotier's is the old school choice. It's right by Vandy and a good place to get a beer and a burger. It's not trendy, but it was consistent back when I was in school (early 2000s).

Nashville has changed a ton since I was there!

I think Amerigo has a room you can rent... I've been at a rehearsal dinner in Tin Angel and it was good!
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Dinner in Nashville TN in September

by Christina Firriolo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 pm

We love Sperry's (think old fashioned, New York style, chophouse) It looks like they take reservations up to 20. You'd have to call to find out if they have a private room.

There are two Sperry's in Nashville, so one may be better than the other for you. They stay BUSY!

https://sperrys.com

Good luck!
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei