Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

More pizza! :D At Fourth Street Live! :D

by Robin Garr » Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm

I'm just going to put this out there without comment and see what everybody thinks ... :)

Fourth Street Live! Serves Up New Pizza Restaurant

Fourth Street Live! and Birracibo announced today a new concept to take over the Birracibo space: Pizza Bar. The new location in the heart of the Ville at Fourth Street Live! will debut this summer. The investment by The Cordish Companies and local business leader and former NBA and University of Louisville basketball player, Ulysses “Junior” Bridgeman, is the result of the great success of the Pizza Bar concept which recently opened its flagship location at the entrance to the new Little Caesars Arena, home of the Detroit Red Wings and Pistons.

“Pizza Bar is a proven success and given the tremendous momentum of downtown Louisville, the best concept to maximize the terrific potential with Fourth Street Live!,” said Junior Bridgeman, President and CEO of Manna, Inc.

A 120-seat modern day pizza joint, Pizza Bar will serve up New York style thin crust pizzas in a fun, casual atmosphere. Pizza Bar will feature lunch and dinner options that are both fast and affordable, as well as a variety of entertainment and arcade games. Beginning this summer, guests can create their own custom pizzas or select one of Pizza Bar’s signature creations. The restaurant will offer a free slice of pie with the purchase of a beverage from 3:30 - 4 pm daily and happy hour specials Monday – Friday from 4 -7 pm.

“Pizza Bar will be a welcoming place for guests to unwind with friends and family over fresh pizza and great entertainment,” said Bill Stenzhorn, Chief Operating Officer of Fourth Street Live!. “The restaurant was designed to offer a relaxed atmosphere with great lunch, dinner and late night options.”

Pizza Bar will be open seven days a week from 11am - 2am Sunday - Thursday and 11am - 4am Friday and Saturday. The restaurant will offer a large private event space, as well as the flexibility to carry out.

For updates on Pizza Bar, please follow Fourth Street Live! on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: More pizza! :D At Fourth Street Live! :D

by Mark R. » Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Of course like most places that come into fourth Street live, the menu for the one in Detroit doesn't have any prices on it. Why would listing somebody would want to know prices before they went to a restaurant? I realize the prices here may be different than the ones in the Detroit but it was fairly give you an indication of the pricing model.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Mark R. wrote:Of course like most places that come into fourth Street live, the menu for the one in Detroit doesn't have any prices on it. Why would listing somebody would want to know prices before they went to a restaurant? I realize the prices here may be different than the ones in the Detroit but it was fairly give you an indication of the pricing model.

agreed 100%
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Mark R. wrote:Of course like most places that come into fourth Street live, the menu for the one in Detroit doesn't have any prices on it.

The website for Mike's Pizza Bar in Detroit appears to have two menus. If you click on "View Food and Drink Menu" you get a version with prices:

https://mikespizzabardetroit.com/wp-con ... 18-v02.pdf
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Rich S wrote:
Mark R. wrote:Of course like most places that come into fourth Street live, the menu for the one in Detroit doesn't have any prices on it.

The website for Mike's Pizza Bar in Detroit appears to have two menus. If you click on "View Food and Drink Menu" you get a version with prices:

https://mikespizzabardetroit.com/wp-con ... 18-v02.pdf

Yes I saw that when I went back to the site a second time. Really strange they would have to menus on their website. Of course easy went to get to is the one without prices.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Have to wonder when "fresh mozzarella" and "Italian sausage" are premium xtra cost ingredients! Wonder what "our mozzarella blend" is made with?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:50 pm

I think the original concept--Birracibo- would likely hold well in the local dining areas--Highlands, St Matthews, etc. But it may have been too sophisticated for the typical 4th St Live patron. The Jim Beam Stillhouse hit an oil well there and I'm surprised others haven't followed suit. When Beam first came in, they offered free tastings at the bar along the back wall. Now they charge $8 per tasting, have another bar along the right side that makes mixed drinks, and they have table and seating areas for demonstrations and whatever else. That, of course, doesn't count the sale of regular bottled bourbon, personalized bottles, and other paraphernalia (which has always been for sale since they first opened).

As for Birracibo, as long as Jr. and the Cordesh folks don't mind spending a few extra bucks to change out the concept, then what the heck, why not? Simple, quick pizza with a few drinks and a few pinball or other distractions is a safe bet and will likely yield enough increased sales to pay off in the longrun. Those who are still 4th St Live skeptics will be left behind in the corporate smoke! I was down there last weekend because an out-of-town guest of mine wanted to do a bourbon tasting and the other places were already closed. We ultimately ended up in the Highlands, but we both enjoyed the ambiance at 4th St Live during our moments there..

Its not a dining destination, but its a hot spot and attractive to many outsiders and a number of locals alike who will continue to stream in from the continually growing nearby central downtown nucleus.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Seems fair, James. I confess to a little instinctive unease about 4SL mainly because, while it does serve a growing cluster of downtown visitors, it leaves them with an image of Louisville that's essentially corporate and that fades into paleness if you compare it with Beale Street, Bourbon Street, Duval Street. Why can't we have nice things like that? :(
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Robin Garr wrote: Beale Street, Bourbon Street, Duval Street. Why can't we have nice things like that? :(

If we could only drink in the streets.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:37 pm

JustinHammond wrote:
Robin Garr wrote: Beale Street, Bourbon Street, Duval Street. Why can't we have nice things like that? :(

If we could only drink in the streets.

To its credit, 4SL made that happen, sort of. And Derby time. And I wouldn't want to say that it doesn't happen on Baxter ...
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Seems fair, James. I confess to a little instinctive unease about 4SL mainly because, while it does serve a growing cluster of downtown visitors, it leaves them with an image of Louisville that's essentially corporate and that fades into paleness if you compare it with Beale Street, Bourbon Street, Duval Street. Why can't we have nice things like that? :(

I guess I'm ok with 4th St Live because I find comfort in the general expansion heading east from Whiskey Row down Main and Market, and even towards Butchertown. In addition to several hotels that have recently opened in that direction we find several more being built at 1st and Main ( a dual hotel concept of 11 stories) and at the former Connections location. The new soccer stadium will have 1-2 hotels next door at the Butchertown site. The Big Four Bridge is also a big draw this time of year. Jeffersonville makes a nice impression for those who take that route.

So the tourists are finding their entertainment more and more outside of the center nucleus clustered around 4th St Live, and more and more towards NuLu, the Highlands, and elsewhere. I'd also venture to guess that even the 4th St Livers have probably hit a distillery, a museum, of something similar during the day before retreating to Guy Fieri's place or Hard Rock Cafe.

That all said, my main qualm with 4th St Live is the monopolization by Budweiser products--this really sucks!.....oh, and I almost forgot, Beale St has some serious issues. I think it is at a crossroad.
James J. Natsis