Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

Re: Flavour restaurant

by Gordon M Lowe » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Just got home from Flavour, and I have to say the Catfish was the best fish dish I've ever had. It was a simple presentation of two fried fillets, with a very light breading, and the fish was also very light and flaky, and almost melt in your mouth tender in texture. I loved it. I also had the Flav Wings as an appetizer, but those were pretty ho-hum. The people working there were very eager to please and friendly, and one or two of the owners came by a couple times to check on me. The atmosphere has a nice warm vibe with lots of high back booths and the sound level was low even though most tables were occupied. I don't go out a lot, but I felt welcome there and the catfish alone makes me put the place on my list for a repeat visit. :D
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Flavour restaurant

by Willie Myers » Mon May 21, 2018 12:46 am

absolute +, +, +, to Gordon's comments about the catfish @ Flavour.
As he mentioned, the presentation is simple as sin, but the flavour in extraordinary! I've had Dover Sole at 5 times the price that wasn't better.
My wife and I had a number of "issues" with our recent visit to Flavour but, as it was their first week open, we decided to hold off a review. But the one thing that I *can* comment on - without reservation - is the quality of that catfish!
Previous