Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Flavour restaurant

no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

Re: Flavour restaurant

by Gordon M Lowe » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Just got home from Flavour, and I have to say the Catfish was the best fish dish I've ever had. It was a simple presentation of two fried fillets, with a very light breading, and the fish was also very light and flaky, and almost melt in your mouth tender in texture. I loved it. I also had the Flav Wings as an appetizer, but those were pretty ho-hum. The people working there were very eager to please and friendly, and one or two of the owners came by a couple times to check on me. The atmosphere has a nice warm vibe with lots of high back booths and the sound level was low even though most tables were occupied. I don't go out a lot, but I felt welcome there and the catfish alone makes me put the place on my list for a repeat visit. :D
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Flavour restaurant

by Willie Myers » Mon May 21, 2018 12:46 am

absolute +, +, +, to Gordon's comments about the catfish @ Flavour.
As he mentioned, the presentation is simple as sin, but the flavour in extraordinary! I've had Dover Sole at 5 times the price that wasn't better.
My wife and I had a number of "issues" with our recent visit to Flavour but, as it was their first week open, we decided to hold off a review. But the one thing that I *can* comment on - without reservation - is the quality of that catfish!
Previous