Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rehearsal Dinner

no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:55 am

We also had the no alcohol stipulation on both our reception and rehearsal dinner, but we had the dinner at a restaurant (Ferd Grisanti's). It could just be the crowd which attended, but this was never a problem. No movements were made to request alcohol to the best of our knowlege. Either it just wasn't a big deal to our guests, or they at least respected us enough to not cross the line. The dinner wasn't anywhere near as large though, maybe 30 people - I could see where a larger gathering might breed a little "under the radar" factor.
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

by TanyaD » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:26 pm

I would sincerely hope that the guests could restrain themselves from imbibing for a few hours out of respect to the bride and groom.

To me, not doing so would be just as rude as bringing your baby to the wedding when the couple specifically requested no children present.
no avatar
User

MichelleS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:45 am

by MichelleS » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Well yeah, but here's my theory on weddings--I know that the bride thinks it is all about her but no one else does except maybe her folks. The groom would rather be doing ANYTHING but going through all the craziness and the guests just want to have fun.

I would think that if someone really didn't feel like going since there is no alcohol then they would stay home and send a gift. I highly doubt anyone would bring it in. Even I am not that tacky.
no avatar
User

Kimberly W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:22 pm

by Kimberly W » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Just a thought....

Masterson's has a wide variety of rooms and menus and can limit the beverage choices for you with no problems... Their food isn't bad and they can take care of everything with pretty reasonable prices....

Good luck!

Kim
no avatar
User

Lori M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm

East-End

by Lori M » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:42 pm

I have gotten some great ideas here. I am going to check with some hotels downtown to see about renting a room (like suggested by Kim H). That way, our guests can still enjoy some of Louisville during the day and then join us that night. We have a lot of people coming to Louisville (and KY) for the first time.

I may also check with Masterson's, I have attended things there and been pleased. I was just trying to 'shake it up' a bit.....

AND then, I am also going to consider having it here, with a caterer who will help with serving/cleaning up etc. OR I was thinking of enlisting a good friend (and paying her) to oversee the event, with it still being catered.

Thanks all. I'll keep you posted, AND also, let me know if you have any other ideas.
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:00 am

Has Masterson's renovated recently? We went there for Sunday brunch last year. The place was dumpy and in desperate need of an update. I would not consider taking guests there. The food was not memorable. If changes have not been made since then, I'd stay far away.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:19 am

I've been to a few off site catered events by Masterson's that weren't bad. I'm not damning with faint praise- for a lowish end meal they do a very good job. And they are exceptionally affordable.
Previous