Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Easter brunch buffet opitions?

by Mark R. » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 pm

I know there's a thread where restaurants can put their Easter Sunday offerings but I also know lots of places don't post that have a great Easter option. Most of the restaurants we've gone to in the past for Easter Sunday brunch buffet are not having them this year. Blu at the downtown Marriott has changed their entire restaurant format and is not offer a brunch buffet and unfortunately the Oakroom also has ceased operations as a restaurant on a regular basis.

We are looking for a "upscale" brunch buffet that has traditional breakfast items, omelette station etc. as well as a carving station etc.. Price is not really a significant consideration although reasonably priced is nice. We are also looking for a place that isn't overly crowded, we love the buffet at Selenas but it gets extremely crowded and it's hard to get around especially in my wheelchair.

Does anybody know of any local places offering this kind of brunch for Easter?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

Re: Easter brunch buffet opitions?

by charles.minter » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Didn’t Blu close?

We went to Napa River for Easter brunch a couple years ago and were very pleased but it was extremely crowded. I would think it would be difficult for you to move around there.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 am

charles.minter wrote:Didn’t Blu close?.

Yes, it closed and their new restaurant is called Porch. They're going to remodel the Blu space into a Bourbon Bar/Tapas space.

Thanks for the suggestion about Napa River.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

by charles.minter » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:28 am

Eddie Merlot’s and Volare had buffets last year. Those may be good options for what you are looking for.