Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

Tumbleweed closed and no bread....

by charles.minter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 am

Nobody wanted to feed me on Tuesday.

I have been meaning to try Barry’s cheesteaks for quite a while as his mission is inspiring. I made the drive to there once before only to find it closed due to some remodeling. I arrived to a sign on the door today advising they had to close due to no bread delivery. I then made my way down Preston Highway to a little bbq Drive-thru named Mark’s Slab House that had good reviews. It may seem odd but I greatly prefer my bbq as a sandwich as opposed to a plater. I was told they had no bread here either as they didn’t get their delivery that day. I would think somebody could make a Kroger run.

Heading back home to the Jtown area and after a long day decided I'd just hit up tumbleweed for a curbside pickup since I was exhausted from the day. Tumbleweed isn’t very good but the beans and queso are pretty solid. Par for the day...The Jtown Tumbleweed is now closed.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tumbleweed closed and no bread....

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

Saddest story of the day, Charles! Wishing you better luck next time. I don't get the bread famine, though. It's not like we just had a snow day. :mrgreen:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am

Yeah, they must get their bread from the same place (local?). Although I will say if you have a standard for only using fresh, high quality bread from a local bakery, a Kroger run isn't going to be a valid substitute.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:56 am

Barry's has awesome bread on their sandwiches, I was just there last week. It's an occasion of sin for me, if we lived closer I'd be 300 pounds and unable to fit in my 40 petites.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm

Barry's is just awesome, my favorite self-loathing gut buster place in town.