Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Hunan Wok in the Creek - some sad news

by Richard S. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:38 pm

If you live in Fern Creek and have gotten strip-mall Chinese food from Hunan Wok (behind Mark's Feed Store) you were likely waited on by a sweet lady who seemed to know everyone who came in and had nicknames for them all. For me and my wife, it was Grandma and Grandpa. She even recognized our voices when we called in an order.

We went their for lunch today and were disappointed to see that Hunan is gone, replaced by Yummy China. Apparently the lady and her husband have gone back to China. Today's food was good, but just not the same without the lady at the counter. I hope she's getting some rest, because she was one of the hardest-working people I've ever met.

On a side note, an Asian massage parlor recently opened up next to this space. I have to wonder if these places are a front for some sort of human trafficking operation.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Hunan Wok in the Creek - some sad news

by Carla G » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:37 am

I saw that and was thinking along the same lines.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson