Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

KFC names Reba McEntire first female colonel - with a goatee

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:18 am

Definitely a stereotype-breaker.

Nation's Restaurant News wrote:MARKETING
Reba McEntire to be KFC’s next Colonel
Country singer’s ad to debut Jan. 28
Bret Thorn | Jan 26, 2018

KFC has tapped its first woman to play the rotating role of Colonel Harland Sanders. Country singer Reba McEntire will fill the role to promote the fried chicken chain’s latest flavor, Smoky Mountain BBQ.

Ads featuring McEntire will premiere on Jan. 28, one day before the chicken flavor becomes available nationwide.

Link to full story
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

Re: KFC names Reba McEntire first female colonel - with a go

by Adriel Gray » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 am

Dreams do come true.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: KFC names Reba McEntire first female colonel - with a go

by Richard S. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

I don't think I've been to a KFC in the past 10 years where it wasn't some sort of major hassle. "It'll be 15 minutes for extra crispy" or something along those lines. A few months ago I went to the drive-thru at the one in Fern Creek, and they had a sign taped over the speaker that said "closed due to staffing shortage." I went to pull away but noticed there were people in the dining room, so I stopped and went in. Turned out they were actually open but only had two people working, so they were trying to limit their business.