Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

PR: Sweet Surrender offers Valentine gift box

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 am

SAY I LOVE YOU WITH A CHOCOLATE IS FOR LOVERS GIFT BOX
FROM SWEET SURRENDER

Sweet Surrender Dessert Café & Coffee Shop, 1804 Frankfort Ave., introduces its $28.95 Chocolate is for Lovers Gift Box, just in time for Valentine's Day. This grown-up gift includes:

*Succulent Chocolate Cherries
*Gold Dusted Bourbon Truffle Tortes
*Caramel Brownies
*Chocolate Chip Heart Cookies
*Chocolate Champagne Body Ganache with a Confectioner's Brush

Chocolate dipped strawberries, personalized heart cookies and heart shaped cupcakes can also be added to the Chocolate is for Lovers Gift Box. Non-Chocolate Lovers can create their very own gift boxes as well.

Orders must be placed 48 hours in advance as the desserts included in the box are all baked fresh to order. Heart-shaped cakes are also available in any flavor.

For more information about the desserts available at Sweet Surrender, please visit the website: http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com . Orders for special occasion desserts and gift boxes can be placed by calling (502) 899-2008. 48 hours notice on all special orders is appreciated.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm looking for a small, chocolate, decadent dessert for Valentine's Day. It doesn't appear (unless I'm missing something) that Sweet Surrender does any cakes on a smaller scale (like for 2). I really don't need a whole chocolate cake sitting around my house, because I WILL eat it! So, does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are some fabulous pastry chefs on this board!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Michelle R. wrote:I'm looking for a small, chocolate, decadent dessert for Valentine's Day. It doesn't appear (unless I'm missing something) that Sweet Surrender does any cakes on a smaller scale (like for 2). I really don't need a whole chocolate cake sitting around my house, because I WILL eat it! So, does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are some fabulous pastry chefs on this board!

If our pastry chefs don't step forward, take a peek behind the glass at Heine Bros. (at least the Frankfort Avenue shop) next time you're in. They have an assortment of really delicious looking small cakes and pastries made for them by someone ... maybe even Sweet Surrender? I think a couple of those might make a very nice (and affordable) sweet treat for one's sweetie.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:56 pm

I'd love to get a big, fat, yummy, ganache-covered cake, but the sweetie would get none of it. I'd be sitting in the corner, twitching, face covered in chocolate. Better not to tempt fate. ;) I will definitely check out Heine Bros.

Thanks for the suggestions, Robin!
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:42 pm

I got a couple of individual little chocolate cakes from Helen Friedman one year. They were to die for. Similar to a lava cake and covered in ganache. They were so rich that we shared one and saved the other for another day. Oh, and they were shaped like hearts! Ain't that just precious!!
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:44 pm

When I worked at Paul's a few years ago, we used to get her cakes in. They were sinful, you're right! I may have to check that out!
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Michelle,

Last Valentine's Day we dipped chocolate heart cupcakes in chocolate ganache, drizzled them with more ganache and garnished them with a couple of strawberry slices. They look lovely and are a little larger than a a standard cupcake but not overly large. But they are definitely decadent. They can also be drizzled with your choice of caramel or raspberry sauce. I'd be happy to make one or two for you.

Or you can create a smaller gift box than the ones mentioned above with your choice of desserts.

We can also make a 4" cake that feeds one person with a large appetite or two people with normal appetites very nicely. We can definitely make a chocolate dessert of your choice in that size with a little bit of notice.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks, Jessica! As soon as I get a chance, I will be giving you folks a call!
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am

Well, I'm picking up my yummy desserts from Sweet Surrender this afternoon, and I can't wait!

If I think about it, I'll take a picture before we devour them. I haven't had chocolate in forever, so I'm really looking forward to this treat!

Hope everybody has a lovely Valentine's Day!
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks Jessica!

by Dan L. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:12 pm

I picked up one of your Valentine's boxes for my wife and she has really enjoyed everything so far. She really loved the chocolate torte. Those chocolate chip cookies are so big that she thought they were muffins at first.