Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Kaelin's coming back! Please wave!

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:02 am

Okay, the name's not revealed yet, but it will return a neighborhood eatery to the familiar old place at the corner of Speed and Newburg. Thanks to Mary Anne for coming across this news nugget from the neighborhood association on their Facebook page.

Deer Park Neighborhood Association wrote:Location, location, location

The former Kaelin's Restaurant (followed by Mulligan's Pub & Grille) has stood vacant for a good while, but everyone passing by in the last 18 months has had to notice the significant changes happening in anticipation of a new restaurant opening.

The property and business is owned by three men: Chris Fenton, Bill Dubourg and Matt Staggs. Interestingly, they all have Kaelin connections-either by blood or friendship. (Chris's toddler daughter Fiona's middle name is Kaelin.) All have been in the restaurant business for many years.

They have considered this a "fun project" bringing the building up to code, restoring a piece of history and putting their own twists and touches on the venture.

Chris anticipates 3 or 4 more months for the work to be completed and the new restaurant emerging.

Expect a press release after Thanksgiving, revealing the new name and other details of the site at Newburg Road and Speed Avenue.

https://www.facebook.com/DeerParkNA/pho ... 822953487/
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Re: Kaelin's coming back! Please wave!

by Margie L » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Yay! I always loved Kaelins.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Kaelin's coming back! Please wave!

by Carla G » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Oh good. I hope they will now allow men in with beards. As Kaelin’s, back in the 70s , my date and I were denied access to dining because he had a beard. (Despite the fact it was clean, neat and well groomed and neither of us were wearing anything as casual as blue jeans.)
We waved..good-bye.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson