Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jeremy Lutes

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Turkey Joe's at former Wings-N-Things location

by Jeremy Lutes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:53 am

I noticed some activity in the space that formerly housed Wings-N-Things on Westport and Hurstbourne, so I drove past it and saw that something called Turkey Joe's is moving in. From what I could see, the interior didn't look much different than it did before. They have a 'Now Hiring' sign posted in the front window, but I didn't see anything indicating when they might open.

Anybody know anything about Turkey Joe's? I assume it's a chain, but I'm not sure.
no avatar
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

well

by BrianW » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:31 am

a quick Google check shows that http://www.turkeyjoes.com has only a shell page currently; it mentions 'wings,burgers, &more'...

I miss W&T...
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Turkey Joe's at former Wings-N-Things location

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 am

Jeremy Lutes wrote:Anybody know anything about Turkey Joe's? I assume it's a chain, but I'm not sure.

New one on me! Googling Turkey Joe's and Turkey Joe doesn't bring up any indicatin that it's a chain, although there's a Turkey Joe's in St. John's, Newfoundland that appears to be a local independent.

Anybody who's out that way regularly, here's a chance to do some scouting!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: well

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:40 am

BrianW wrote:a quick Google check shows that http://www.turkeyjoes.com has only a shell page currently; it mentions 'wings,burgers, &more'...

I miss W&T...

I miss it too, and the nice guy who ran it (UPS pilot) really seemed to care about his work.

Brian, how'd you Google that up? I searched on "Turkey Joe" and "Turkey Joe's" (with the quotes) and didn't come up with that on the first page on either search.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

TJ's.

by Doogy R » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:00 am

I googled Turkey Joe's and it was the 4th item down on the first page. And I know I've seen that same font somewhere around the Ville, but I can't place it.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: TJ's.

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:12 am

Doogy R wrote:I googled Turkey Joe's and it was the 4th item down on the first page. And I know I've seen that same font somewhere around the Ville, but I can't place it.

Hmm, it's No. 12 on the list for me, now that I look farther down. That's googling "Turkey Joe's" with the quotes. Odd.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:17 am

Doogy R wrote:I googled Turkey Joe's and it was the 4th item down on the first page. And I know I've seen that same font somewhere around the Ville, but I can't place it.

Here's an excerpt the public whois record for the domain. Any restaurant-biz folks recognize the name?

Whois Record

Registrant:
Michael Starcher
(address, phone and EMail redacted)
Louisville, KY 40299
US

Domain name: TURKEYJOES.COM
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 am

Robin Garr wrote:

Hmm, it's No. 12 on the list for me, now that I look farther down. That's googling "Turkey Joe's" with the quotes. Odd.

I don't use qoutes when googling. I found the best way to google is to pose the question the same way you would ask someone in person.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:25 am

Doogy R wrote:I don't use qoutes when googling. I found the best way to google is to pose the question the same way you would ask someone in person.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I tend to use them when one of the search terms is otherwise a very common word, like, well, "turkey" or "joe". ;)

The question form is a good approach, too, but I'm more inclined to use it when I don't have a more concise term for a search.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Here's more on the story ...

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks to Paul Smith at <i>Food & Dining</i> for picking up the rest of the story:

Chef/co owner Chuck Starcher said they are opening Feb 1. They are an independent restaurant. He was a sous chef at Napa. He said they are doing burgers, wings, etc. They have a burger called the "Burger to Die for." They will be open until 2am on Fri and Sat
no avatar
User

Jeremy Lutes

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jeremy Lutes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Great, glad to hear a local is going in there! The 2am closing is pretty cool too.
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Beer and wings!

by Doug W » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:49 pm

I'll be glad to see another alternative to B-Dubs.

I hope they get some good beer!!

Doug W.
no avatar
User

Al Musinski

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:17 am

Louisville

turkey joes

by Al Musinski » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:22 pm

This place is going to be a "BIG" hit in this area. I have met the owners and chefs and what a menu they have put together.They are kicking pub grubb up a few notches. I told them about this site and I am sure they will share with you their menu soon. I can't wait to go watch some afternoon basketball games and enjoy some COLD Brew and great food there.
I always think better with a full stomach.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Turkey Joe's.

by Doogy R » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 pm

It seems as though more and more places are come to the purlieus and I love it. I'll do some research and add to this post later, but I am sure the area where I live is the next indie dining area of the Ville.
no avatar
User

Chef Chuck Starcher

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:41 pm

2809 N. Hurstbourne Pky

by Chef Chuck Starcher » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi my name is Chef Chuck owner operater of Turkey Joe's. We will be opening on 2-1-08 just in time for the big game. If you would like a menu e-mail me at chuck@turkeyjoes.com
Turkey Joe's
Next