Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Metro Diner plans soft openings Oct. 21-22

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm

I wanted to extend an invitation to your Hotbytes community, hoping that we can alleviate any concerns your members may have regarding our claim of being a scratch kitchen.

We are opening to the public on October 24, but we are having "soft" opening dates the weekend prior, on Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22. I am proud of the way our company decides to handle these exercises. Each day we partner with a local charity as a small way of giving back to the local community. So Saturday we are partnering with Trust for Life organ-donor awareness program. On Sunday we are partnering with the Louisville Metro Police Benevolent Association.

Your guests simply need to give us call at 357-0767 and make a reservation for this weekend. Up to four people are allowed with each reservation, at your choice of times between 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. both days There is absolutely no cost for food and beverage, we only encourage our guests to donate to the charities that we are partnering with.

I think everyone will see why I am proud and excited to work with this growing company. If you have any questions, please call.

Len Stevens, Louisville Managing Partner

Metro Diner
Jefferson Commons
4901 Outer Loop, Suite 100
357-0767
https://metrodiner.com/
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Metro Diner plans soft openings Oct. 21-22

by Alanna H » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:09 pm

I wish I didn't work 10a-10p every Saturday and Sunday :-( I would love to take part in this!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:36 pm

We went to the soft opening yesterday and were quite impressed by the restaurant. It's got a good vibe (although a little noisy) and the food was very good. We talked to both Len and the franchise owner and they both spoke very positively. I still have the training staff here from various other restaurants in the group but everything was actually being run by the local staff.

My wife and I both have breakfast items which were excellent. My wife had a special "Red White and Blue Waffles" which was a Belgian waffle with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream. She also had a side of scrambled eggs which were cooked perfectly and you could tell that the eggs are very fresh. I had biscuits and gravy with a side of corned beef hash. I had to soft poached eggs which also were cooked perfectly. We also both had orange juice which was fresh squeezed and excellent.

Overall it was a very good dining experience but cancer only get better answer staff gets more experience. I'm sure some people will shy away because it is a "Chain", it certainly doesn't have the feel of 1 nor is the food the quality you expect from a chain.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 pm

The invitation to hotbyters to dine for free for the soft opening is a nice gesture. There seems to be an attentive effort to reach out to the community. Its not really my type of restaurant or food, but since we live in Fern Creek I'll likely try it out sometime.

My bet is that they'll do quite well out there.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:25 pm

The BF and I also went yesterday. I'm certain it'll be added to our regular rotation, especially when we're wanting breakfast/brunch but don't feel like driving over to Zeggz.

BF had huevos rancheros and absolutely raved about them. Instead of the typical way of serving, the tortillas were quartered and fried and then the eggs and salsa were put atop of the tortillas. It looked like breakfast nachos. He had the coffee off the day which was Harvest (something) and had cinnamon in it. He raved about that as well.

I had the meat lovers omelette with home fries and sourdough toast. All were good, but I did have one minor quibble with the cooks going a bit too heavy handed on the seasoning on the potatoes. I'm hypersensitive to salt, and I question why food needs to be so intensely salted before it's plated when there are salt shakers on the table? It burned my mouth! I did mention to the trainer that maybe the cooks could lighten up on the salt (or I'll just have to remember to request no added salt). The potatoes themselves were delicious without the overdone seasoning. I had the tea flavor of the day, Mango Breeze, and it was perfect, not too much mango to tea ratio (Red Lobster failed miserably at this).

The kitchen is open (one can sit on the barstools at the counter and watch the food being prepared), so what you see is what you eat.

Pricewise (food was free but they were giving receipts so the staff could practice with the register), both of us ate for just under $30 and left a $6 tip. It's not going to run Steak & Shake out of business on price, but it certainly could on quality of food and service.