Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

UberEATS opens in Louisville and Lexington tomorrow

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:01 pm

On Thursday, October 12, UberEATS will launch in Louisville and Lexington, offering food delivery with full menus some of best restaurants in the cities, including Doc Crow’s Southern Smokehouse and Raw Bar, Heitzman’s Bakery, Rye, Yummy Pollo, and Havana Rumba in Louisville.

The UberEATS app is free to download and has been built specifically to make getting great food as easy as getting a ride. Starting tomorrow, Lexington and Louisville residents can open the UberEATS app, order food from a great restaurant, and have it delivered at Uber speed. For $5 off your first two UberEATS orders, enter the promo code KYEATS in the app.

UberEATS also gives Kentucky restaurant partners and delivery partners more options. Restaurants can tap into the Uber delivery network to expand their businesses and reach a new network of potential customers. Delivery partners have access to even more flexible earning opportunities.

Here’s how UberEATS works:
Download the free standalone UberEATS app for iOS or Android
Login with your Uber account
Find a restaurant you know and love, and pick what you want from their menu
Pay with your card on file
Watch as the order is picked up and delivered to you.

Here's a how-to video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6gnztzjo9j83 ... 1.mov?dl=0
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: UberEATS opens in Louisville and Lexington tomorrow

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 pm

If you try it, use the promo code "KYEATS" when you join, and get free delivery on your first two orders.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am

Not OK companies: Ones in which some executives give their private money to conservative causes.

OK companies: Ones that undercut unions, underpay workers, and engage in systemic sexual harassment at the highest levels.

Got it! :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am

Where did I say Uber was an okay company?
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm pretty ticked off this morning about the promotion of UberEats in Louisville when it's an outright lie!

I live out in the wilds of Fern Creek which is rumored to be part of Louisville Metro (maybe I should quit paying taxes to the city), but UberEats will not deliver here. I downloaded the app this morning, and it kindly informed me "We're not quite where you are yet." WHAT? If the company is going to announce it's operating in Louisville today, then that should mean all of Louisville.

In examining the map, anything east of Hurstbourne and south of Fern Valley Road on a line all the way to the river on the western side of the city is not included. I'm exactly one mile from the cutoff point. One freaking mile. :evil: You cannot tell me that they're excluding us for lack of drivers in this area.

I know many on this board joke about never going outside the Watterson, but this is ridiculous. Jeffersontown, Middletown, Anchorage, they're also excluded. It's time to get to the bottom of this.

And I was hoping to inaugurate this occasion with lunch from Yummy Pollo. *sigh*
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:56 pm

No, that's not good, Terri. :twisted: Since they got in touch with me to post the news release, I'll yap back at them and tell them that East End folks are way less than happy.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:55 pm

I understand this being disappointing, but it's also a completely logical rollout - the map is basically the Watterson and everything inside it. If their rollout plan involves starting with a more limited geographic area, that's the most rational and least fraught way to divvy the city up.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Terri Beam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:51 am

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I understand this being disappointing, but it's also a completely logical rollout - the map is basically the Watterson and everything inside it. If their rollout plan involves starting with a more limited geographic area, that's the most rational and least fraught way to divvy the city up.

Actually, you are incorrect on that. The delivery area extends out fairly significantly beyond the Watterson. As I said it generally follows Hurstbourne/Fern Valley/and some smaller arteries west to the river. I have a significant problem with hyping this as they did for the entire city of Louisville. One only has to look at the map when opening the UberEats app to see that this was set up arbitrarily.

I find it hard to believe that they don't have drivers for these areas, especially the wealthier sections of the city, so I'm not going to buy that as an excuse (if that's the one they try to provide). I should also point out that Lexington's delivery area covers their entire city limits, so something isn't kosher with Louisville's. I can understand Google Fiber having a limited rollout because of infrastructure building, but this?

I have a message in to them and I'm awaiting a reply after they requested my address.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:40 am

Terri Beam wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I understand this being disappointing, but it's also a completely logical rollout - the map is basically the Watterson and everything inside it. If their rollout plan involves starting with a more limited geographic area, that's the most rational and least fraught way to divvy the city up.

Actually, you are incorrect on that. The delivery area extends out fairly significantly beyond the Watterson. As I said it generally follows Hurstbourne/Fern Valley/and some smaller arteries west to the river. I have a significant problem with hyping this as they did for the entire city of Louisville. One only has to look at the map when opening the UberEats app to see that this was set up arbitrarily.

I find it hard to believe that they don't have drivers for these areas, especially the wealthier sections of the city, so I'm not going to buy that as an excuse (if that's the one they try to provide). I should also point out that Lexington's delivery area covers their entire city limits, so something isn't kosher with Louisville's. I can understand Google Fiber having a limited rollout because of infrastructure building, but this?

I have a message in to them and I'm awaiting a reply after they requested my address.

Ah, I couldn't find the map you're referring to. The one I saw was just everything around 264 and inside it.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Terri Beam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 am

I got a canned response back from UberEats that shows they never even read my complaint in the first place.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that one of your favorite restaurants can't deliver to your exact location, I'm here to help.

One of the reasons why you're not seeing some of your favorite restaurants through the app, it's possible that your favorite restaurant sets their app offline when the restaurant is flooded with orders they have an option to log-off to the UberEATS app because they cannot accommodate orders online.

Furthermore, when restaurants experienced a high demand for UberEATS, and in order to give the best possible user experience, restaurants usually adjust their delivery radius. While this means that the restaurants you see in the app may vary from day to day, your experience with any available restaurants should be quicker and better.

I would suggest updating your app to make sure that you're using the latest version that contains the updated list of available restaurants.

I never once mentioned anything about my "favorite" restaurant not being available. The whole gist of my correspondence with them was in regards to the false advertising/publicity campaign. This canned response from them is proof they never bothered to read my message in the first place. I'm not inclined to use UberEats even if they should eventually timidly set foot outside the Hurstbourne/Fern Valley line. I'm not exactly a fan of the other delivery options in town like GrubHub and such, but I've found this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Terri Beam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:41 am

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Ah, I couldn't find the map you're referring to. The one I saw was just everything around 264 and inside it.

The map I'm using is the one inside the app itself.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:12 am

I don't think this will make you feel that much better, but I got this reply back from Evangeline George at UberEATS:

In any new service area, we want to ensure a reliable experience and fast service. We are initially launching in the 264 loop but look forward to expanding throughout the metro area.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Terri Beam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I don't think this will make you feel that much better, but I got this reply back from Evangeline George at UberEATS:

Not really, Robin since they're not telling the truth. Last time I checked Hurstbourne Lane was outside the Watterson. It is what it is, I guess.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Terri Beam wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:I don't think this will make you feel that much better, but I got this reply back from Evangeline George at UberEATS:

Not really, Robin since they're not telling the truth. Last time I checked Hurstbourne Lane was outside the Watterson. It is what it is, I guess.

Probably folks who don't come from around here. :oops:
no avatar
User

Michele Brinke

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 am

Louisville

by Michele Brinke » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:03 pm

I've seen no mention of Postmates. They offer the same service in the same way. App on your phone, track your order, picture and info on your driver, lots of restaurants to choose from and they have been operating in Louisville for months. We have used them several times and have always been pleased. Maybe they have a larger delivery area.

https://postmates.com/city/louisville
Michele Brinke
The Children's Pantry
502-290-4584
http://www.thechildrenspantry.com
Next