Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sitar Indian Cuisine

no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Sitar Indian Cuisine

by Kurt R. » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:03 pm

I know we had started a thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it. The restaurant replacing the former Ballyhoo's is Sitar Indian Cuisine at 1702 Bardstown Road, phone 473-8889.
They plan to open on Monday 1/28. They will have a full Indian Buffet for $6.99 as well as a full menu. This is their 6th restaurant, 4 in Tennessee and 1 in Alabama. They have not finished the website yet for the Louisville Location, but attached is the weblink for Nashville. The Menu is the same in all of the Sitar locations. Nashville, Knoxville, Kingsport, Chattanooga, TN and Huntsville, AL. It is not just takeout as was previously indicated. It looks like it will be very nice!
http://www.sitarnashville.com/
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:11 pm

Looks promising -definitely not a 'hurry curry'... nice decor and menu, though nothing surprising on the menu - typical Delhi-style dishes. It'll all be in the quality of the execution. One odd omission in most Indian restaurants in the states is the absolute staple of North Indian food: chapati, the tortilla-like bread you use to eat with your hands. I asked the guy at Royal India about this and he said, "Oh, we can make you chapati."
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:12 pm

That's awesome news!
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".