Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Raima's in Iroquois Plaza

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Raima's in Iroquois Plaza

by James Natsis » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 am

For those longing for Middle Eastern fare after the departure of Little Jeruselum, there is a new place that opened a few months ago facing 3rd St on the corner where a Cuban bakery once was. It is run by an Iraqi and most of the food is familiar and priced along the economic norms of the location. I had a pita beef shrawma for $4.50 and got a personal cheese pizza for one of my boys at $3.99. Both were good with the pizza made of fresh dough.

It is an order-at-the-counter type of place with simple, ample seating for those who wish to eat in. The guy was very nice and proud of some of the food offerings that he explained to me. That $4.50 pita beats the heck out of anything Subway can conjure up! The hummas, babagnoush, pickled turnips, etc behind the counter all looked pretty appealing to me as well.
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Raima's in Iroquois Plaza

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks for the report, James! I'll have to put that one on the list!