Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Visiting the old favorites.

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Visiting the old favorites.

by Mark R. » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:13 pm

My wife and I decided to start visiting some of the old favorites again, we decided we have been spending too much time visiting new restaurants in Louisville. Last night was our 1st foray into this realm and we ended up going to Volare which we hadn't been to in quite a while. The recent remodeling of the interior is quite pleasant, the only thing we didn't like was the fact that they have 4 large televisions over the bar that you can see from almost any place in the restaurant, unfortunately this is becoming the norm these days.

The menu is still loaded with lots of yummy Italian classics. For an appetizer I had the Beef Carpaccio and my wife had the ROTOLLINI di MELANZANE . They were both excellent although I think we both preferred hers. The marinara on her dish was so good that we ended up soaking up most of it with bread (which is also excellent).

For the main course I had the Veal SALTIMBOCCA. It was 3 very nice pieces of veal excellently panfried with just the right amount of cheese and herbs to complement it. It was served with polenta, beets and broccoli. I'm normally not a big beet but these were excellent and I ended up eating all of them! My wife opted for 1 of the fish specials of the evening, it was Amberjack Filet served over a bed of Risotto. I forget how the amberjack was prepared but it was also very excellent and the piece of fish was quite large.

For dessert I opted for the Tiramisu and their preparation of it was flawless. My wife had a dessert special, again I forget what it was called but it was basically bananas foster prepared with a pear instead of bananas served over a very light piece of cake.

Overall it was an excellent meal it was probably even better than we expected! Obviously not cheap, our meals including a nice bottle of red wine and tip was $180. I forgot to mention that they are now celebrating the 13th anniversary of the restaurant and they were giving you a $20 discount on a total cost of your bill, unexpected but a nice thing anyway.

Now we have to decide which old favorite we will visit next.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Visiting the old favorites.

by Carol C » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Your review makes me drool, Mark :D . We love Josh and Volare!!! Always fantastic food and a special dining experience!