Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tandoori Fusion

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Tandoori Fusion

by Mary Anne » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 pm

In a nutshell...spicy, tasty, different. Imagine if you will an Indian buffet without chicken tikka masala...oh they had butter chicken, but that was about the closest you'd come to CTM (although it is on the dinner menu). The buffet is only on Fri, Sat, and Sun and is $14, not including your drink. The rest of the week their lunch menu is either $9 or $10 (veg or nonveg) choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. At the weekend buffet, they bring out a dosa (plain or masala) and biryani if you wish. They have the usual suspects on the buffet; salad, chaat, sambar (but strangely no idli), rice, pakora and lots of condiments...but the remainder of the dishes were a bit different. Murgh Malai Tikka (chicken breast cubes in yogurt and cream), Gobi Manchurian Penne Pasta (yes, pasta), Malabar Machli (fish). Dessert included chocolate mousse. These guys didn't dumb down the spice level on the buffet...wise diners will bring tissues! The dinner menu looks interesting with Vindaloo Shepherds Pie, Double Cheese Murgh Tikka Pizza, and Murgh Burger Sliders. The menu is pretty extensive. Tandoori, Fusion, Biryani, Chicken, Lamb, Vegetarian, Seafood. Dosa and Sides sections delineate the choices with plenty of options in each except the seafood with only two choices (both shrimp dishes). They've got the Zeggz bar intact and have an extensive cocktail and wine list. Worth a sortie if you are in the area, across the road from the Costco/Lowes complex. I'll definitely be back.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tandoori Fusion

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks, Mary Anne! It's on my radar for sure, I just need to get my passport in order.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:46 pm

You and me both, Robin, as a new Highlander I now fully appreciate your complaining about the far east end being another country...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Mary Anne wrote:You and me both, Robin, as a new Highlander I now fully appreciate your complaining about the far east end being another country...

:lol: