Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sonic's Beef/Veggie Burger

User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

Sonic's Beef/Veggie Burger

by Ray Griffith » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 am

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sonic's Beef/Veggie Burger

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 am

Ray Griffith wrote:I tried Sonic once in the mid 90's and didn't feel compelled to return.....until now.

Same here, Ray! I reviewed the one at Springhurst when it first opened, and judged it pretty good for a chain. The servers on skates made it kind of cool. :oops:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:39 am

Ray, back to your hamburger thing, "blended burgers" (blends of beef and mushrooms, with the idea of stretching the nation's beef supply for both health and sustainability reasons) are a big thing. The James Beard Foundation is pushing the idea heavily with its Blended Burger Project:

https://www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:02 am

Robin Garr wrote:Ray, back to your hamburger thing, "blended burgers" (blends of beef and mushrooms, with the idea of stretching the nation's beef supply for both health and sustainability reasons) are a big thing. The James Beard Foundation is pushing the idea heavily with its Blended Burger Project:

https://www.jamesbeard.org/blendedburgerproject

It's been a very long time since I've had a Sonic hamburger (I get a drink or a shake every once in a while), but apart from the ecological impact, I would guess that adding mushrooms to relatively flavorless beef would be an improvement.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:07 am

:lol:
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Considering most of the metro Sonics have disappeared, I'm not sure why they're trying to keep current.

I think they shuttered the one on Shelbyville Road recently, didn't they? The only one remaining near me is the Hurstbourne location, and the food is so mediocre I rarely visit. I miss the old days at WKU when the Sonic on the bypass had half-price everything on the menu nights every once in a while. The burgers were good too.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 am

I was down on the far south side recently and noticed there's still a Sonic on Preston Hwy outside the Gene Snyder.