Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

D Nally's

no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

D Nally's

by Adam C » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Did I see that the current owners of the Twig and Leaf have taken over D Nally's as well? Anyone been yet?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: D Nally's

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:00 pm

First I've seen, but thanks for the report. I've heard that the Twig is better under the new owners, but I have to admit that I haven't been back. Can anyone testify?
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:56 pm

The C-J had a story on this about two weeks ago. Apparently it's a former owner of Twig and Leaf who'll be running D. Nalley's:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne ... 658656001/

The popular D. Nalley's diner at 970 S. Third St. in Old Louisville is getting new life, for the third time in less than two years.

Gibin George, a one-time partner in the Twig & Leaf restaurant at 2122 Bardstown Road in the Highlands, has assumed the lease on D. Nalley's. He said in an interview Tuesday that he hopes to reopen the diner by mid-October.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Thanks! So, a former owner, not the new (current) owners of the Twig.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:51 am

Robin Garr wrote:First I've seen, but thanks for the report. I've heard that the Twig is better under the new owners, but I have to admit that I haven't been back. Can anyone testify?

I can attest that it is definitely better. I'm not talking anything particularly noteworthy, but certainly an improvement. Simple, competently executed breakfast fare (only been for breakfast) and good service. Of course, considering the abomination it was before (had the absolute worst biscuits and supposedly sausage gravy years ago), almost anything would be a step-up.