Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dragon King's Daughter

User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Dragon King's Daughter

by RonnieD » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Last weekend, Dragon King's Daughter catered my friend's wedding and it was spectacular. The spread was a simple "nachos and sushi" affair, but the presentation and quality of the food and the friendliness of the buffet staff was beyond compare. The nacho offerings were available over rice, chips or soft tortillas and consisted of chicken, tofu, kimchee (yes!), and sautéed veggies. There were more sauce and salsa options that you could reasonably count. The sushi was divine. I'm a sushi snob and I will usually pass it at most places unless they are well known for sushi, but DKD put out some of the best sushi I have ever had (and on a buffet no less!). There were indulgent rolls loaded with seafood, there was some kind of chicken/red bell pepper/cream cheese roll (of which I ate a half dozen), there were BLT rolls, California rolls, and on and on and on. I had at least one of everything and when they announced (at the end of the reception) that leftovers were available for any and all to take home I was the guy loaded two fully packed togo boxes into my car (I am TOTALLY not sorry). Nearly everything I ate off of that buffet was magic.

The buffet servers were very friendly and helpful and took time to discuss each item with any and every guest that asked and never seemed fatigued or disinterested. They were effective in both aiding the guests and moving the line.

A perfectly executed catering from start to finish. I've not been a regular customer to DKD, but with the way they presented themselves last weekend, they have earned a larger share of my business. I strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a fresh and fantastic catering option.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Dragon King's Daughter

by Alanna H » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 pm

DKD is my favorite restaurant in town! I didn't realize they offered catering. I would have crashed that wedding so hard! They have such a varied menu, and there's even sushi for people like me, who aren't huge fans of seafood- such as the T-Bird Roll (the chicken roll you mentioned, Ronnie) and the Italian Picnic roll (asparagus, pine nuts, prosciutto, basil leaves...mmm....). The wasabi salsa and chips are highly addictive- be forewarned! I would eat there every day if I could afford it.