Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

Natural French Wine Dinner at La Chasse

by Isaac F » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks to Robin for allowing me to do a bit of self-promotion! :D We have a very exciting French Wine Dinner this coming Monday at La Chasse, featuring only Natural Wines (organic, wild yeast, minimal wine-maker intervention, etc.). These wines have only been available in KY for a few months, and are very hard to find. Reservations call 502.822.3963. Menu below:

Natural FrenchWine Dinner
With Dauntless Distributing
Date: Monday, September 11, 2017
Time: 7:00 pm
Price: $75 per person*

Menu:
First Course: Savory Apple Fritter with Capriole Farms goat cheese & raisin-sage compote
Paired With: Noella Marantin “Les Pichiaux” Sauvignon Blanc 2015 Loire Valley, Fr.

Second Course: Baby Spinach Salad with compressed raspberries & blackberries, pecan brittle, pickled onion & lemon-pepper yogurt dressing
Paired With: La Boutanche Cinsault 2016 Rhone Valley, Fr.

Third Course: Cast Iron Seared Porcini Mushroom-Encrusted Scallop with bacon & brie risotto, cranberry fumet & micro basil
Paired With: Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon 2014 Loire Valley, Fr.

Fourth Course: Dry Aged NY Strip with black garlic beurre noisette, smoked white beans & herb puree
Paired With: Eric Texier “Brezeme” Syrah 2015, Rhone Valley, Fr.

Dessert: French Toast with baked gruyere & strawberry relish
Paired With: Thibault “La Roue Qui Tourne” Rose of Gamay 2015 Loire Valley, Fr.

Executive Chef Andrew Welenken
Chef de Cuisine Kristina Dyer

*Exclusive of Tax and Gratuity
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Natural French Wine Dinner at La Chasse

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks, Isaac ... I know Baudry and Texier, and I know the others are going to be very interesting wines also. Looks like a great event.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Natural French Wine Dinner at La Chasse

by Bill Veneman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:17 am

I, for one, am looking forward to this divine menu at one of my favorite houses in town!

For the record, Chef Andrew is knocking it out of the park with his menu and style....if you've not been, get in and try it soon!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.