Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Larry Lenning

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Taco's and Ice Cream on Bardstown Rd.

by Larry Lenning » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:46 am

I noticed the old Banh Mi place on Bardstown rd., across from Left Field Lounge was getting a paint job inside of Green and Pink. I asked the bartender at Left Field if he knew what was going in and he said a Taco and Ice Cream joint. Anyone else heard anything about it?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Taco's and Ice Cream on Bardstown Rd.

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:20 pm

News to me, Larry, but thanks for reporting it. Sounds like an offbeat but interesting combination!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:12 pm

It's Panchitos! Their first location is on Preston Hwy - this will be their 2nd location.

https://www.facebook.com/panchitosicecream3/
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Heather L wrote:It's Panchitos! Their first location is on Preston Hwy - this will be their 2nd location.

https://www.facebook.com/panchitosicecream3/

:D :D :D
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Stopped in Panchitos on Bardstown Rd. this afternoon after my grandson's soccer game...in fact, 6 of us ate there.

Pleasant experience. The special taco combo was too good of a deal to pass on. 3 double tortilla taco's, drink, and an ice cream for $10! Taco's to choose from were...asada, al pastor, pollo, & chorizo. Served with chopped onions an cilantro (street style). Very limited drink selection, but an expansive list of ice cream and popcicles.

Tacos were very similar to those served by The Ville Taqueria, but less expensive...al a carte they were $3.

A son and a daughter live in the area, so I will be returning.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 am

Robin Garr wrote:News to me, Larry, but thanks for reporting it. Sounds like an offbeat but interesting combination!

I was just in New Smyrna Beach and passed a Taco and Ice Cream place called Izzy's Island https://izzysisland.com/ several times but didn't try it and was told that I missed a real gem. Maybe it's the "next new thing"?
User

michael.powell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm

by michael.powell » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:09 pm

My favorite opening of 2017. It's so so good. Great, simple tacos, the best ice cream in the city, and housemade fresca for $10. Super friendly service. I love Panchito's.
“Shut the front door, son of Tatum O’Neal, that’s dynamite.” - Guy Fieri
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:19 pm

Went here for lunch today and was the only one in the store! (Granted, I ate at 11:15).

Great value lunch... I just got tacos (no drink or ice cream, thus ruining the entire deal) but still... $9.54 for three tacos that were good is a solid lunch option.

Definitely planning on taking the kids here if we are in the area... Tacos for Mom and Dad, ice cream for the girls!