Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Israeli wine at local shops?

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Israeli wine at local shops?

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:36 am

I know Liquor Barn used to have some, but I rarely get out that way since it ain't what it used to be. Do any of you know for sure? I don't think Wine Rack has any, and I haven't seen any at Old Town.
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Re: Israeli wine at local shops?

by Jon K » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Party Mart on Brownsboro will usually have some Yarden and Barkan wines. The really great Israeli stuff from small providers like Shvo and Pelter doesn't usually make it to KY. There is some very good wine being made in Israel IMO.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Israeli wine at local shops?

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks, Jon. I'll look at that. Over on this forum's sister wine forum, we have a section on Israeli and Kosher Wines that's inhabited by some wine geeks in Israel and other U.S. cities with a wine-geek interest in that. They warn me off Barkan and the Jasmin line from Recanati, which seem to be about all we can get here in Kentucky. I'm talking to a guy at the little Vines and Canines shop on Douglass, though. Have you ever been there? I'd really like to find an interesting Israeli wine or two that I could write up before the High Holidays.