Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Comfy Cow exiting commissary biz, outsourcing production

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:34 am

So the vendor is The Chocolate Shoppe in Wisconsin, I'm told, not a similarly named artisan cafe in North Carolina. Here's their wholesale page:

http://www.chocolateshoppeicecream.com/ ... leicecream
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Robin Garr wrote:So the vendor is The Chocolate Shoppe in Wisconsin, I'm told, not a similarly named artisan cafe in North Carolina. Here's their wholesale page:

http://www.chocolateshoppeicecream.com/ ... leicecream

They sound like a good company however no or on their website that I see any mention of custom making flavors for wholesale customers. I'm assuming this is a new market they are going into with this venture. Whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen although it does sound like they are a very quality oriented company.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Mark R. wrote:[
They sound like a good company however no or on their website that I see any mention of custom making flavors for wholesale customers. I'm assuming this is a new market they are going into with this venture. Whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen although it does sound like they are a very quality oriented company.

That link goes to their wholesale page, Mark.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:06 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark R. wrote:[

That link goes to their wholesale page, Mark.

Yes it does but that was a link I was provided. I did a lot more looking around and never did find anything that said they did custom manufacturing for other customers.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm

The wife and I went there last Saturday evening. Very dissapointing. I retract my earlier more diplomatic posts regarding this matter. Now I feel as if I may as well just grab a half gallon of ice cream from Kroger. Unless there are changes in the way they do business, I'll be at Louisville Cream, Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen (my wife's favorite anyway), or Graeter's......I just wish they would do some soul searching.
James J. Natsis
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm really surprised! We were also at Comfy Cow Saturday evening, and it was great! (we don't go that often, I swear! It's just a coincidence! :P ) My husband had the cherry chocolate chip (not sure of the name of it) and I had a caramel something. We loved both of them, and the quality was MUCH higher than your standard grocery store, and much better than Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen (which I've never really cared for, tbh.)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
Previous