Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Needed- Italian or pizza restaurant owner/chef

by Alanna H » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:15 pm

***Robin, please remove if not allowed***

I am taking part in a scavenger hunt for charity this week. GISHWHES is the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen, and benefits Random Acts. From Aug 5-12, teams made up of 15 international players will drive themselves and loved ones batty by trying to complete as many items on the list as possible (there are 198 items), and submitting a photo to the contest judges. Each item has a point value.

One item on the list is as follows: Pizza was invented in Italy in 997 AD to honor the Queen Consort, Queen Margherita. The next significant event in Italian history was the start of the Renaissance Period in the 14th century, which spawned a revival in art, architecture, science and learning. Let’s celebrate these two seminal moments in Italian history. Bake a Pizza decorated as a Renaissance painting that would make the Old Masters proud.

Because you get more points per item depending on how creative it is, the composition, etc, I thought it would be really cool (ie, help us score more points) if I could show it baked in an Italian restaurant or fancy pizza oven (decked out in chef's whites or an apron, of course), rather than just my kitchen GE appliance. So, um, any takers? I can do this anytime except between 8am-4pm Monday, so if I needed to come before-or-after hours, that's fine. I can bring my own (refrigerated) pizza dough, pepperoni, cheese, etc. I don't want to put anyone out...I just wanna submit a kick-@ss entry!!!

Oh, and this isn't even a very strange request. On my FB page I have posted that I'm also looking for a tame donkey, an inflatable waterproof couch/loveseat, a contact at River City Drum Corp, and the CEO of any local Fortune 2000 company :-D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Needed- Italian or pizza restaurant owner/chef

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Alanna, no worries about the post. It's food related! :)

You may have an issue with your plan, though. It's tickling the back of my mind that the Metro health codes forbid bringing "outside food" into a restaurant kitchen. I've heard tales of "C" ratings following the discovery of a Mickey D's bag in the work area.

I may just be making this up, though.

Still, if it's legal, I expect a friendly pizza chef would be cooperative, probably at an off hour. Allan Rosenberg at Butchertown Pizza Hall? It couldn't hurt to ask, but other than thinking about Allan because his place is brand-new and getting a lot of publicity, but I imagine you could just pick one at random and try.
no avatar
User

jennifer.bowman

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Clifton

by jennifer.bowman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:52 pm

IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG (23.73 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
We have a Morso oven at home, so no worries about outside food. Not sure if it's what you're needing though. Let me know!
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 pm

Thank you, Jennifer! I'm waiting to hear back from a teammate of mine in another city to see if she had any luck. I will get back with you hopefully tonight to let you know one way or the other. I appreciate it!
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Jennifer, another team member has taken this one so I'm off the hook. But thank you for your offer- you're awesome!