Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

More Nepalese food

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

More Nepalese food

by Rich S » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:41 pm

The Courier-Journal reported that a Chinese/Nepalese/Indian restaurant called Chamling Kitchen & Bar has replaced Empress of China at 2249 Hikes Lane. I can't find a menu, so I don't know how many Nepalese dishes they'll offer, but the story says the owners are originally from Nepal. I may try the lunch buffet, since that seems like a good way to sample a variety of their food.

https://www.facebook.com/Chamling-Kitch ... 468741005/
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

Re: More Nepalese food

by Gordon M Lowe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:08 pm

That's funny. I went by that spot on a whim the other night, and there was a sign up in the door that said "Late Notice, Closed for remodeling through 8/2". Interesting.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 am

Stopped in today thinking we would try the buffet but it is now only Monday thru Thursday for lunch. The menu is the same as Empress of China with an added page of new selections. I tried the Chicken Momo dumplings of ground chicken served with a tomato based dipping sauce good but it was accidentally served at room temp due to it being made up ahead this morning ( by one of the new owners) and I think the cook is still there from the previous staff may not have known to heat it up. Hubby got the dried pork with noodles and peppers , it was very tasty, we shared an order of crab rangoon that was about average. The husband and wife owners seem very sweet and hope they do well. I was sad to see so many people come in and walk out when they saw no buffet. They missed out on a good lunch. Our lunch came to 24 and change bumped up to 30 with tip including a soda and a water to drink.
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:22 am

BevP wrote:The menu is the same as Empress of China with an added page of new selections.

Did they actually remodel or just add some Nepalese dishes? I would like to try the new stuff.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Gordon M Lowe wrote:
BevP wrote:The menu is the same as Empress of China with an added page of new selections.

Did they actually remodel or just add some Nepalese dishes? I would like to try the new stuff.

While we had not been to Empress in a long time, I don't think it was much of a remodel. More adding new dishes, which were tasty.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 am

Last time we ate at Empress (maybe a year ago) it was really sub par. I will say it was a Saturday lunch and I know those are often slow in the biz. Still, service was lax and our meal was disappointing. I was really saddened because I remembered how great it was in its heyday. For me, I'll just visit Orenital House.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson