Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Inwave Restaurant & Juice Bar (New Vegetarian in Middletown)

by Terri Beam » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:06 pm

As we were driving through Middletown today, I spied a new restaurant in what was formerly a florist shop (which moved to the former Garrett's location--to keep up with a Louisville tradition :wink: ). I can't find any web presence for it at all, but per a photo on the Louisville Vegetarian Initiative Facebook page, there is the following:

INWave is a plant-based restaurant opening next month off of Shelbyville Road in Louisville. INWave’s mission is to provide the local community a healthy, nourishing and quality plant-based dining experience, within in a nature-based environment.

It's now open at 10310 Shelbyville Road. I know there are quite a few vegan/vegetarian people on this site. Someone has posted pictures of the menu under the promo picture on that group website. This one sure sneaked in under the radar.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Inwave Restaurant & Juice Bar (New Vegetarian in Middlet

by Bill Veneman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:19 am

Well, I don't know how it sneaked anywhere...they've been working on the build-out for MONTHS!

Now that being said, I live across Shelbyville Road from them and I've not seen the first sign of life nor customers in the place. The only advertising I've seen is signage around the place and in neighboring rights of way, and the hours (by the chairs up on the tables) seem rather odd. I, too, have been unsuccessful in finding any social media presence, which in my humble opinion is a businesses death knell in this day and time.

Have I ventured in? Not as yet, but being the conniver (no offence to anyone, just a personal choice) I am, it really doesn't sound like my kind of place.

I wish them luck, I truly do! However, I fear this one will be short lived!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:38 am

What is your over/under, Bill?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:52 am

Bill Veneman wrote:being the conniver (no offence to anyone, just a personal choice) I am

Conniver? Carnivore? Conniption? :mrgreen:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:
Have I ventured in? Not as yet, but being the conniver (no offence to anyone, just a personal choice) I am, it really doesn't sound like my kind of place.

This is EXACTLY why you need to visit at least once. You'll either be pleasantly surprised or it will confirm your suspicions, but either way it will be an experience you'll remember. And you might be able to help the owners figure out if there is a way to appeal to folks such as yourself.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Bill Veneman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:30 pm

RonnieD wrote:
Bill Veneman wrote:

This is EXACTLY why you need to visit at least once. You'll either be pleasantly surprised or it will confirm your suspicions, but either way it will be an experience you'll remember. And you might be able to help the owners figure out if there is a way to appeal to folks such as yourself.

Ronnie, I do see your point, and honestly would like to try it....but I've not had the opportunity to as yet....honestly, I'm always enroute to another destination when I think of it.....

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Bill Veneman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Bill Veneman wrote:being the conniver (no offence to anyone, just a personal choice) I am

Conniver? Carnivore? Conniption? :mrgreen:

Potato, PoTATo, let's call the whole thing off????? :mrgreen:

Seriously, that's what I get for doing something that requires thinking before the 2nd cup of coffee....OY

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

tim.cleary

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 pm

by tim.cleary » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:48 pm

I live across the street, City of Sycamore, from this new restaurant as well, but have not made it in. My sister is the one that posted the menus on facebook. She works at the chiropractor's office next door to InWave. She stopped in for a bite and said it was not bad. I feel like they are hurting themselves by having literally no online or social presence. I agree that in today's fast-paced world, this is truly the only way to get noticed anymore. I still have no clue what their hours are. I had planned to stop in the other day, but I saw the chairs all stacked on the tables and it was midday.

I think they could attract a good amount of people if they were to get online.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:18 pm

I pass them on my way to work in Middletown. I thought it was a day spa.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:28 pm

tim.cleary wrote:I think they could attract a good amount of people if they were to get online.

Thanks for the report, Tim, and welcome to the forum!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:22 pm

We haven't been there yet and after reading some of the reviews that have been posted on NextDoor (a neighborhood communications website) I don't think we will bother. The overall feeling there is that the menu is extremely expensive and servings are quite small. Here are a couple of the posts:

"I ate there. We had 4 smoothies and shared one personal-sized flat bread pizza ( about 3 bites each). Total was @$40. Way too expensive, very limited menu. I think they should offer an organic coffee bar. I doubt this place will last with First Watch around the corner. The flat bread was good, though."

"I've been. A little pricey for what you get. I got a black bean burger which came with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 tomato slices for $10.00. We were hungry when we left."

There were also multiple comments regarding their lack of social media presence also somebody did state that I now have a Facebook page.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"