Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: At least it's not another pizza restaurant!

by Rich S » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 am

SilvioM wrote:I also noticed yesterday, a few blocks up, a place called Mission BBQ. Never seen it before -- anyone tried it? It looks like a sizable chain, in a dozen or so states, probably not my thing, but I'm curious.

My sister's family lives in Maryland, where Mission BBQ got its start, and they absolutely love the place. I've eaten there a few times and thought it was OK, but I'm not really knowledgeable about barbecue. I'd also like to know what other people think of the place.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Rich S wrote:My sister's family lives in Maryland, where Mission BBQ got its start, and they absolutely love the place.

Maryland certainly isn't the epicenter of the barbecue world so I'm not overly thrilled about a barbecue joint that hails from there. If it was a place that sold crab cakes or had clambake's I'd be a little more enthused. I'm sure we will end up trying it sometime but I'm not overly optimistic about how good it will be for several reasons in the location certainly does make it a place it's easy to get to.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

scott.wade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:35 pm

by scott.wade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:45 pm

My group tried pretty much everything at Mission BBQ. I found it to be a step or so below City BBQ for everything except the Mac and Cheese. Their Mac and Cheese was killer.

I personally hate the whole staffing yelling to greet you thing right when you walk in. Overall the staff was overly attentive to the point it was annoying but that may calm down a bit as the restuarant is open longer.
no avatar
User

viktor.navarro

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue May 16, 2017 2:50 am

by viktor.navarro » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07 am

Top Round? Like a Top Round Roast Beef in LA?
I don't know, it's not a bad place ber se, but it's no Long John Silver's. It's not just my personal preference, actually. Top Round is known to be mediocre at best. Maybe the service will be good, but their meat is... meh. Maybe it was the California effect (making everything worse), but I didn't like it one bit.
Previous