Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Taco Luchador St Matthews..tacky!

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 pm

RonnieD wrote:
neal.johnson wrote:Dude. You work a block down the street where they just ripped out a huge oak tree to make space for your precious automobile. Out of touch much?

I park my automobile behind the building where there hasn't been a tree since the advent of the railroad. And I'm having trouble placing a huge oak on the Gerstle's property before or after being ripped out, so yeah, I guess I am pretty out of touch, but considering that we don't own the property, it wouldn't have been our call anyway. So I'm not sure where the beef is, but I am getting the sense you have a lot of anger toward cars.

Neal left a key word out of his post. You work a block down the street from where they just ripped out a huge oak tree. I.e., the St. Matthews Hardware/jewelry store properties.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:58 pm

A gotta say, I just don't see the issue. I finally go to see it and the building is painted mostly white (next to a black Jimmy John's and a yellow Meineke) and the red sections were not at all garish. I can't comment on the trees, but the building?

I grew up in the neighborhood (behind the old A&P, it's been that long) and it is clearly changed (evolved, progressed, regressed -- take your pick). The only structure that I thought went "too far" was the Liquor Barn that closed a few years ago. That was a big tacky red eyesore. The Taco Luchador -- the look is unique, but I don't think it's at all out of place. Just look around.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 pm

I drove by there a few hours ago. Two words- awe & some!

Can't wait to see Fernando and the M & B downtown crew on the Food Network episode that will appear this fall.
James J. Natsis
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 pm

SilvioM wrote:A gotta say, I just don't see the issue. I finally go to see it and the building is painted mostly white (next to a black Jimmy John's and a yellow Meineke) and the red sections were not at all garish. I can't comment on the trees, but the building?

I grew up in the neighborhood (behind the old A&P, it's been that long) and it is clearly changed (evolved, progressed, regressed -- take your pick). The only structure that I thought went "too far" was the Liquor Barn that closed a few years ago. That was a big tacky red eyesore. The Taco Luchador -- the look is unique, but I don't think it's at all out of place. Just look around.

I agree. I drove around it the other day, with all the outcry in mind and couldn't figure out what all the fuss is about. I'm a mellow fellow, and don't like loud things, but it looked ok, to me. There is still one big tree behind it, too. :)
Previous